OTTAWA, Nov. 25, 2014 /CNW/ - Minister of Finance Joe Oliver will be available to the media prior to holding the first pre-budget consultation roundtable to engage Canadians in Budget 2015 deliberations, on Thursday, November 27, 2014.
The media availability will take place at 9:00 a.m. at the Columbus Event Centre, 901 Lawrence Avenue West, in Toronto, Ontario.
A photo opportunity of the roundtable will follow.
The Toronto pre-budget roundtables are the first of many to be held by Minister Oliver, Minister of State (Finance) Kevin Sorenson and Parliamentary Secretary Andrew Saxton. Others will take place in:
- St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador—November 28, 2014
- City, Quebec—December 1, 2014
- Edmonton, Alberta—December 5, 2014
- Moncton, New Brunswick—December 18, 2014
- Winnipeg, Manitoba—January 9, 2015
- Vancouver, British Columbia—January 14, 2015
- Calgary, Alberta—January 15, 2015
SOURCE: Finance Canada
For further information: Melissa Lantsman, Director of Communications, Office of the Minister of Finance, 613-369-5696; Stéphanie Rubec, Media Relations, Department of Finance, 613-369-4000