OTTAWA, May 3, 2019 /CNW/ - The Government of Canada is committed to engaging businesses in the pursuit of an improved regulatory system that is open, transparent, efficient and competitive.
Today, the Honourable Joyce Murray, President of Treasury Board and Minister of Digital Government, announced the launch of the External Advisory Committee on Regulatory Competitiveness.
As announced in the Fall Economic Statement 2018 and Budget 2019, the committee will bring together business leaders, academics and consumer representatives from across the country. Their role will be to advise the government on regulatory competitiveness and innovation while ensuring Canadians' health, security and safety, and protecting the environment.
Canadians benefit from stronger development of innovative products, processes and services. The independent advisory committee will engage directly with external voices, to help the government modernize Canadian regulations, support business and grow our economy.
"With regulatory modernization, the devil is always in the details. Tapping into the expertise of business, academia and consumer protection experts just makes sense. I look forward to the ongoing recommendations of the External Advisory Committee on Regulatory Competitiveness to help Canadian businesses be more competitive and innovative."
- The Honourable Joyce Murray, President of the Treasury Board and Minister of Digital Government
"I'm honoured to chair this Committee and to collaborate with this distinguished group of individuals. Working together, we will make recommendations to modernize and improve Canada's regulatory environment for the benefit of Canadians."
- Laura Jones, Chair, External Advisory Committee on Regulatory Competitiveness
- The committee's mandate is to advise Treasury Board on how to improve regulatory competitiveness in Canada while protecting health, security, safety, and environmental standards.
- The committee will champion the use of regulatory pilots and identify areas of focus for the Centre for Regulatory Innovation.
- External Advisory Committee on Regulatory Competitiveness
- Fall Economic Statement
- Budget 2019
- Federal regulatory management and modernization
SOURCE Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
For further information: Contacts (media): Farees Nathoo, Media Relations, Office of the President of the Treasury Board and Minister of Digital Government, 613-369-3170; Media Relations, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Telephone: 613-369-9400, Toll-free: 1-855-TBS-9-SCT (1-855-827-9728), TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired): 613-369-9371, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org