OTTAWA, Sept. 26, 2018 The Government of Canada recognizes the important role of small and medium businesses in creating jobs and supporting the economy. That is why the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is committed to becoming a more service oriented organization to help support these businesses, while ensuring tax fairness for the middle class.
By launching the 2018 Serving You Better (SYB) consultations with small and medium businesses, the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue, is reaffirming her commitment to improving the services offered by the CRA to businesses. The SYB consultations will provide a forum for small and medium businesses and accountants to share valuable insights which the CRA can use to make its programs and services more streamlined and client-focused.
During the in-person consultations, small and medium businesses and accountants will be invited to provide feedback and recommendations to CRA senior officials in cities across Canada. Those who cannot attend in person or who want to give feedback immediately can also do so online at cra-engage-arc.ca/en.
To participate in the 2018 Serving You Better consultations, go to canada.ca/cra-serving-you-better.
"Improving service is central to my priorities. It is also central to the collaboration between the Government of Canada, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, and Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada in organizing the 2018 Serving You Better consultations. I look forward to participants' views on the Agency's progress and their ideas for further improvements."
- The Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue
"The insights and experiences of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce's 200,000 members are key to developing a more impactful and competitive government service structure for Canadian business. The Chamber looks forward to once again partnering with the CRA to host the 2018 Serving You Better consultations, and bringing small and medium sized businesses to the table through its local chamber network across Canada."
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
"Businesses of all sizes trust chartered professional accountants to help them meet their tax obligations. Canadian CPAs are looking forward to providing the CRA with insight based on their front-line experience—valuable insight the Agency can use in its continuing quest to be a world-class tax and benefit administration."
- Bruce Ball, Vice-President, Taxation, CPA Canada
- As part of its 2016 Serving You Better consultations, the CRA consulted with small and medium businesses and accountants in 21 sessions held in 18 cities across Canada.
- The Report on the CRA's 2016 Serving You Better consultations with small and medium businesses includes a clear and achievable action plan that will deliver service improvements for small and medium businesses from now through 2019.
- Businesses that want to participate in the 2018 consultations or find out more about the CRA's Serving You Better action plan can go to canada.ca/cra-serving-you-better.
- Participants who cannot attend an in-person session or want to give feedback right away can share feedback online by going to cra-engage-arc.ca/en.
- Small and medium businesses: the Canada Revenue Agency is committed to Serving You Better
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can:
Follow the CRA on Facebook
Follow the CRA on Twitter – @CanRevAgency
Follow the CRA on LinkedIn
Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list
Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader
You can also watch our tax-related videos on YouTube
SOURCE Canada Revenue Agency
For further information: Émilie Gagnon, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of National Revenue, 613-995-2960; Media Relations, Canada Revenue Agency, 613-948-8366, [email protected]