OTTAWA, Aug. 25, 2017 /CNW/ - The Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue, today announced the appointment of Suzanne Gouin, MBA, ICD.D, to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Board of Management as Chair. Ms. Gouin was nominated by the Government of Canada, and has been appointed for a four-year term, effective August 29, 2017.
A graduate in Political Science from Concordia University, Ms. Gouin holds an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. She is a graduate of the Institute of Corporate Directors' (ICD) Directors Education Program, and holds the ICD.D Designation.
Ms. Gouin is an accomplished media and telecommunications senior executive, and is the Chair of the Board of Le Printemps numérique (Montreal Digital Spring), a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote creativity of the digital industry in Montreal. Additionally, she has been a member of the Board of Fonds numérique Bell (Bell Fund) since 2015, and has also served on the Board of Hydro Québec since 2008.
Minister Lebouthillier also announced the appointment of Stan Thompson, CPA, CA, to the CRA Board of Management. Mr. Thompson was nominated by the Yukon Territory, and has been appointed for a three-year term, effective August 29, 2017.
The CRA Board of Management is responsible for overseeing the organization and administration of the Agency, and the management of its resources, services, property, personnel, and contracts. The Board brings a forward-looking, strategic perspective to the CRA's operations, and fosters sound management and service delivery. The Minister of National Revenue retains full accountability to Parliament and to Canadian citizens for all CRA activities.
"Ms. Gouin is an exemplary leader who has excelled in the field of media and has been a formidable supporter of her community through her work on various boards. She brings a wealth of experience to the Canada Revenue Agency, and I am confident in the leadership she will bring to the CRA. I am also pleased to welcome Mr. Thompson, who I know will be a great contributor to the CRA's Board of Management."
The Hon. Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue
- These appointments are made in accordance with the Government's approach to Governor in Council appointments, which aims to have highly qualified appointees that are reflective of Canada's regional and linguistic diversity. Visit the Governor in Council appointments website for current and ongoing opportunities.
- The Board of Management is comprised of 15 members, including the Chair, the Commissioner of the CRA, 11 directors nominated by the provinces and territories, and two directors nominated by the federal government. All members are appointed by the Governor in Council.
- The Chair of the Board is appointed for a term of not more than five years, which may be renewed for one further term of not more than five years.
To receive updates on what is new at the Canada Revenue Agency, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
- Follow the CRA on LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
- Watch our tax-related videos on YouTube.
SOURCE Canada Revenue Agency
For further information: Media Relations, Canada Revenue Agency, 613-952-9184