OTTAWA, April 19, 2017 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments to the Québec Port Authority and Marine Atlantic Inc. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with vast experience in a range of fields, and are active members of their communities:
- Marie-Huguette Cormier holds an M.B.A. with specialization in marketing and management from Laval University and is Executive Vice-President, Human Resources and Communications, at Desjardins Group (newly appointed as User Group Representative, Québec Port Authority; term of three years);
- Esther Gaulin is a Chartered Professional Accountant of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec and was a partner of the Tax Group at Ernst & Young (newly appointed as User Group Representative, Québec Port Authority; term of three years); and
- Paul John Griffin holds a Bachelor's Degree in engineering and is President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Marine Atlantic Inc. (reappointed for one year as President and CEO of Marine Atlantic Inc.).
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified executives have agreed to serve the Québec Port Authority and Marine Atlantic Inc. Their appointment will ensure continued good governance. I also take this opportunity to thank Pierre Rivard, outgoing board member of the Québec Port Authority for his valuable service."
The Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport
- Transport Canada is responsible for 55 organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055