OTTAWA, Feb. 19, 2019 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments in the transportation sector:
The Federal Bridge Corporation Limited:
- Ms. Natalie Kinloch (appointed as Chief Executive Officer, term of five years);
She is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), and has occupied the position of Chief Financial and Operating Officer at the Federal Bridge Corporation Ltd. since 2014.
- Ms. Karen June Hill (appointed as director, term of four years);
She holds a Master's degree in Social Work and Bachelor's degree in Sociology, and has extensive experience working with Indigenous communities and consulting on matters regarding First Nations.
Belledune Port Authority:
- Mr. Joseph Lorio Roy (appointed as director, term of three years);
He holds a Master's degree in Psychology and a Master's degree in Public Administration, and is specialized in negotiation, management, organizational development and governance for non-profit organizations.
Marine Atlantic Inc:
- Ms. Carla Elaine Arsenault (appointed as director, term of three years);
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations and a Master's degree in Business Administration, and has occupied various positions at the Cape Breton Partnership.
Saguenay Port Authority:
- Mr. Jean-Pierre Boivin (appointed as director, term of three years);
He holds a Bachelor's degree in Biology, was the Péribonka Mayor for more than 10 years, and the Warden of the Regional County Municipality of Maria-Chapdelaine for 20 years.
These appointments were made under the Government of Canada's new approach to Governor in Council appointments. This approach supports open, transparent and merit-based selection processes that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada's diversity, to support Ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio by providing them with information and referrals.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments will ensure continued good governance."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Order in Council – Ms. Natalie Kinloch
Order in Council – Ms. Karen June Hill
Order in Council – Mr. Joseph Lorio Roy
Order in Council – Ms. Carla Elaine Arsenault
Order in Council – Mr. Jean-Pierre Boivin
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, ttawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055