OTTAWA, Feb. 15, 2018 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointments. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to the transportation portfolio.
Pacific Pilotage Authority:
- Peter Bernard (reappointed as Director; term of two years);
- Katherine Bright (reappointed as Director; term of three years);
- Captain Allan Ranger (reappointed as Director; term of three years);
- Vasiliki Raptis (newly appointed as Director; term of four years); and
- Victoria Withers (newly appointed as Director; term of four years).
Ridley Terminals Inc.:
- David Bromley (reappointed as Director; term of one year);
- Shiva Dean (newly appointed as Director; term of three years);
- Melanie Mackay (newly appointed as Director; term of four years); and
- Catherine Wade (newly appointed as Director; term of four years).
Prince Rupert Port Authority
- Beverley Percival (newly appointed as Director; term of three years).
These appointments are part of the rigorous new approach to Governor in Council appointments. The approach uses open, transparent and merit-based selection processes to support ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada's diversity.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments, which follow our open, transparent and merit-based appointment process, will ensure continued good governance. I also take this opportunity to thank outgoing board members for their valuable service."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Order in Council – Peter Bernard
Order in Council – Katherine Bright
Order in Council – Captain Allan Ranger
Order in Council – Vasiliki Raptis
Order in Council – Victoria Withers
Order in Council – David Bromley
Order in Council – Shiva Dean
Order in Council – Melanie Mackay
Order in Council – Catherine Wade
Order in Council – Beverley Percival
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055