OTTAWA, Nov. 8, 2018 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointment to the Saguenay Port Authority:
- Lauraine Gagnon (reappointed as Director; term of two years, effective November 1st, 2018);
- Arthur Gobeil (appointed as Director; term of two years, effective December 11, 2018);
- Marie-Christine Larouche (appointed as Director; term of three years, effective November 1st,, 2018);
- André Tremblay (appointed as a Director; term of three years, effective November 1st,, 2018).
The appointees are active members of their communities and bring a wide array of knowledge and experience to the transportation portfolio.
These appointments are part of the rigorous approach to Governor-in-Council appointments. The approach uses open, transparent and merit-based selection processes to support ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada's diversity.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments will ensure continued good governance."
The Honourable Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055