TORONTO, July 8, 2019 /CNW/ - Mimi's Rock Corp. (TSXV:MIMI) ("The Company"), an online dietary supplement and wellness company operating the Dr. Tobias brand, is pleased to announce that it has entered into a Joint Venture Agreement with three-time world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis to develop and commercialize a new line of branded nutritional supplements.
Lennox Lewis, nicknamed "The Lion", is a retired professional boxer who remains the last heavyweight to hold the undisputed title. He competed from 1989 to 2003, and is a three-time world heavyweight champion and two-time Lineal champion. Holding dual British and Canadian citizenship, Lewis represented Canada as an amateur in the 1988 Summer Olympics, winning a gold medal in the super-heavyweight division.
The global fan base Lennox has attracted throughout the years, and the rapid growth of online sales and advertising create a massive opportunity to target customers with an interest in sports nutrition. On Facebook alone, there is an is an estimated audience of over 150 million active users who show an interest in boxing, with 71% being men and the remaining 29% women. The global dietary supplements market is growing at 10% CAGR for the period 2016-2024, according to Statista.com.
David Kohler, CEO "We are excited to partner with Lennox on this new family of products, which will focus on Health and Wellness for men. During his time in the ring and since, Lennox has remained much loved by his fans, likely because of the way he carried himself both inside and outside of the ring. He is an upbeat and inspiring athlete who has always taken tremendous care of his body. He is aligned with our values and focus on Wellness. We see significant synergies and the opportunity to positively impact lives with his influence."
Mimi's Rock will provide sourcing, distribution, channels, sales and marketing, and will obtain all regulatory approvals, in respect of the products. Lennox will grant to Mimi's Rock a license to use his name and likeness, and will provide social media and marketing support in respect of the products. The License will be worldwide and will last for 36 months. The License will be exclusive to Mimi's Rock in respect of the products and nutritional supplements that are reasonably expected to be competitive with the products. Significant marketing and branding decisions will require the unanimous approval of both parties. The transaction is subject to the execution of a definitive agreement.
About Mimi's Rock Corp.:
Mimi's Rock Corp. is an online dietary supplement and wellness company operating under the Dr. Tobias brand. The brand features over 30 products including the top selling Colon Cleansing product and the #1 selling Omega 3 Fish Oil on Amazon.com. The Omega 3 Fish Oil is also the 4th largest subscribe & save product on Amazon.com. Mimi's Rock currently serves customers in the United States through Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and Dr. Tobias.com, with a rapid growth plan to expand into other markets. For more information, visit https://mimisrock.com.
This news release includes "forward-looking information," as such term is defined in applicable securities laws. Forward-looking information includes, without limitation, discussion of Bloom Burton and its conference, Mimi's Rock Corp.'s business and business results, goals or outlook, risks associated with financial results and stability, development projects such as those referenced herein, sales to foreign jurisdictions, engineering and construction, production (including control over costs, quality, quantity and timeliness of delivery), foreign currency and exchange rates, maintaining adequate working capital and raising further capital on acceptable terms or at all, and other similar statements concerning anticipated future events, conditions or results that are not historical facts. These statements reflect management's current estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations; they are not guarantees of future performance. The Company cautions that all forward looking information is inherently uncertain and that actual performance may be affected by a number of material factors, many of which are beyond the Company's control. Accordingly, actual future events, conditions and results may differ materially from the estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations expressed or implied in the forward-looking information. All statements are made as of the date of this news release and represent the Company's judgement as of the date of this new release, and the Company is under no obligation to update or alter any forward-looking information.
SOURCE Mimi’s Rock Corp.
For further information: please contact Mimi's Rock Corp. at: David Kohler, CEO, 905-330-581, Dkohler@mimisrock.com; Jackie Kelly, Investor Relations, 416-301-2949, firstname.lastname@example.org