OTTAWA, Aug. 7, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is making funding available through its Participant Funding Program to assist the public and Aboriginal groups in participating in the environmental assessment by a review panel of the proposed Milton Logistics Hub Project in Milton, Ontario.
Funding is available for eligible individuals and groups to assist their participation in the environmental assessment, including reviewing and commenting on the Review Panel Terms of Reference and the Environmental Impact Statement, and preparing for and participating in the public hearing. Funding will also assist participants in commenting on the potential conditions that would be required, if the project is allowed to proceed.
Applications received by September 8, 2015 will be considered. Recipients and the amount of funding allocated will be announced at a later date.
To apply for funding, email the Participant Funding Program at [email protected] or call 1-866-582-1884.
The Participant Funding Application Form–Environmental assessments undertaken by a review panel is available on the Agency website at ceaa.gc.ca under Participant Funding.
- The Canadian National Railway Company is proposing the construction and operation of a logistics hub, designed to transfer containers between trucks and railcars. The project would include a railway yard with more than 20 kilometres of track and be located in Milton, Ontario, about 50 kilometres west of Toronto.
- On July 20, 2015, the Minister of the Environment referred the environmental assessment of the proposed Milton Logistics Hub Project to an independent review panel.
- Information on the proposed project and the environmental assessment process is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry at ceaa.gc.ca , reference number 80100.
- Participant Funding (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Milton Logistics Hub Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Lucille Jamault, Communications Manager, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, Telephone: 613-957-0434, [email protected], Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE