- Breakfast of Champions In Support of SickKids
- November 14, 2014
- 7:30am – 9:00am
- Toronto Region Board of Trade
TORONTO, Oct. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Waking up early isn't always easy, but on November 14th, over 250 motivated young professionals will spend their Friday morning networking and enjoying an intimate breakfast with some of Canada's most celebrated industry leaders at the annual Breakfast of Champions fundraising event organized by the Young Professionals for SickKids (YPS). The lively atmosphere, energetic conversations around breakfast tables and inspirational keynote speeches have made this annual event a notable affair.
Canadian industry leaders, or 'Champions', will share their stories and provide candid career advice with young professionals over a 30 minute networking session and an hour long sit-down breakfast. Tim Leiweke, President & CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), will headline the event by addressing attendees in a keynote speech that's bound to be entertaining, memorable and inspirational.
The impressive roster of Champions, which is sure to entice attendees from all walks of life, includes Lisa Laflamme, Chief Anchor & Senior Editor of CTV News, Larry Rosen, Chairman & CEO of Harry Rosen Inc., Mark McEwan, Celebrity Chef & Entrepreneur, Kathleen Taylor, Chair of RBC & SickKids Foundation, Paul Godfrey, President & CEO of Postmedia Network Inc., Stephen Brooks, SVP Business Operations of the Toronto Blue Jays and Christine Magee, President & Co-Founder of Sleep Country Canada.
In its first two years, Breakfast of Champions has raised over $64,000 in support of underfunded departments at SickKids. This year, the event's goal is to raise $75,000 to support the Allergy Program at SickKids.
We welcome media to attend the event and the opportunity to work with TV, media and radio journalists, reporters and bloggers. For social media feeds as well images and a video of the 2013 event, visit www.breakfastofchamps.ca. Engage with us using #Brkfst4SickKids. For any related inquiries, please contact Natalie Korol at [email protected].
Champions Attending on November 14, 2014:
- Tim Leiweke - President and CEO of MLSE (Keynote Speaker)
- John Albright – Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Relay Ventures
- Alix Box - President and CEO of Second Cup Canada
- Stephen Brooks - Senior VP of Business Operations of the Toronto Blue Jays
- Mark Cohon - Commissioner of the Canadian Football League
- Matthew Corrin - Founder of Freshii
- Sarah Davis – Chief Administrative Officer of Loblaw Companies Limited
- Kiki Delaney - Founder of Delaney Capital
- Mark Derbyshire - President of Holt Renfrew
- Megan Evans - Chief Legal and Risk Officer at SickKids
- Sarah Fulford - Editor of Toronto Life
- Paul Godfrey - President and CEO of Postmedia Network Inc.
- Blake Hutcheson - CEO of Oxford Properties
- Lisa Laflamme - Chief Anchor & Senior Editor of CTV News
- Dale Lastman - Chair of Goodmans LLP and Director of MLSE
- Eric Lindros - Retired NHL hockey player
- Kina Lindros - Global Head, Online Trading, Western Union Business Solutions
- Lisa Lisson - President of FedEx Canada
- Christine Magee - President and Co-Founder of Sleep Country Canada
- Sabi Marwah - retired Vice Chair and COO of Scotiabank
- Rosemary McCarney - CEO of Plan Canada
- Mark McEwan - Celebrity Chef
- Michael Medline - President of Canadian Tire (CEO as of December 1, 2014)
- Donald Meehan - President of Newport Sports Management Inc.
- Alexander Neef - General Director of the Canadian Opera Company
- Rob Prichard - Chair of Torys LLP, Chairman of BMO and Metrolinx
- Larry Rosen - Chairman and CEO of Harry Rosen Inc.
- John Ruffolo - CEO of OMERS Ventures
- Alfredo Tan - Group Director of Global Marketing Solutions of Facebook Canada
- Kathleen Taylor - Chair of RBC
- William Webb - Chief Investment Officer of Gluskin Sheff
Video with caption: "Video: 2013 Breakfast of Champions In Support of SickKids event". Video available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAO4MqBwIag
SOURCE: Breakfast of Champions in Support of SickKids
For further information: Natalie Korol, Media & Public Relations, [email protected], www.breakfastofchamps.ca; Twitter: @Brkfst4SickKids, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/breakfastofchampionsinsupportofsickkids, Instagram: @Brkfst4SickKids