CEOs of Emirates Airlines, Qatar Airways & Etihad Airways confirm participation at World Routes Strategy Summit
MANCHESTER, England, Aug. 5, 2014 /CNW/ - The World Routes Strategy Summit, taking place at World Routes in Chicago, 20-23 September 2014, will see speakers from all three major Middle East airlines, as well as many other senior airline leaders. Middle East speakers include Akbar Al Baker, CEO of Qatar Airways; James Hogan, CEO of Etihad Airways and Sir Tim Clark, President & CEO of Emirates.
Mr Hogan will give a keynote address; Mr Al Baker will take part in a panel discussion on Critical Issues in Air Transport Today whilst Sir Tim Clark will be interviewed one-to-one during the Summit. In addition, major airline speakers at the event will include Scott Kirby, President of American Airlines, Jim Compton, Vice Chairman of United Airlines, Vitaly Savelyev, CEO of Aeroflot and Tewolde Gebremariam, CEO of Ethiopian Airlines.
Occurring on Sunday 21st and Monday 22nd September, the World Routes Strategy Summit is open to all attending World Routes delegates and will open the 20th World Route Development Forum in Chicago, Illinois, USA co-hosted by the City of Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) and Choose Chicago, the city's tourism organisation.
"World Routes is where the industry meets, and where critical issues in aviation, travel and tourism are debated to advance the industry. We have a great set of executive speakers this year in Chicago," said Mike Miller, Head of Content and Industry Relations for Routes.
The Strategy Summit is the only forum where senior leaders and key stakeholders from aviation, tourism authorities and governments come together to participate in discussions that will set the commercial and political agenda for the industry. The event will bring these industry thought leaders under one roof to participate in a number of discussions covering topics affecting the industry today such as route development, infrastructure, airport processing and security, sustainability and how new aircraft will alter route planning.
The 20th anniversary World Routes event will be held at Chicago's McCormick Place, the largest convention facility in the Western Hemisphere. With the most diverse economy in the United States, and home to several of the aviation industry's leading companies, Chicago makes the perfect home for the 20th World Route Development Forum.
For more information and to register for World Routes in Chicago visit http://www.routesonline.com
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE: UBM Live Routes Ltd
For further information: For further press information please contact: Victoria Jones, Communications Manager, Routes, T: +44(0)161-234-2730, E: [email protected]