MANCHESTER, England, May 6, 2014 /CNW/ - UBM Live has appointed Michael Miller as Head of Content & Industry Relations for Routes, organisers of the world's leading air service development events.
"We are delighted to welcome Michael to the Routes business," commented Katie Bland, Director Routes for UBM Live continuing: "Michael has almost 25 years experience in aviation consultancy and journalism and will be a great asset to our team in shaping and improving content and industry partnerships at Routes events."
Michael's background is in aviation journalism where he has held a number of positions, including Director, Editorial Operations for the Aviation Week Group, Vice President Strategy for the American Aviation Institute, partner at the Velocity Group and President of Miller Air Group. In recent years, he has consulted for a variety of organisations such as JetBlue; US Airways; Delta; Embraer; Bombardier and several airports. In addition, Michael also directed the launch of the Airline Leaders Forum on behalf of ALTA.
Michael who is Orlando based and began his new role on May 1st commented: "The Routes team is unparalleled in the global aviation industry and there is much work ahead to make great events and relationships even better."
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm‐global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE: UBM Live Routes Ltd
For further information: Victoria Jones, PR Executive, Routes, T: +44(0)161-234-2730 E: [email protected]