TORONTO, March 13, 2019 /CNW/ - A Hearing Panel of the Prairie Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada ("MFDA") has issued its Reasons for Decision dated March 12, 2019 ("Reasons for Decision") in connection with a settlement hearing held in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on November 8, 2018 in the matter of Nerisa Lat Villegas ("Respondent").
In its Reasons for Decision, the Hearing Panel confirmed the sanctions imposed on the Respondent. In particular, the Respondent:
- shall pay a fine of $10,000 ("Fine");
- has paid costs in the amount of $2,500 ("Costs");
- payment of the Fine and Costs shall be made as follows:
- $2,500 (Fine) upon acceptance of the Settlement Agreement;
- $2,500 (Costs) upon acceptance of the Settlement Agreement;
- $5,000 on or before the last business day of the 3rd month following the date of the acceptance of the Settlement Agreement;
- $2,500 on or before the last business day of the 6th month following the date of the acceptance of the Settlement Agreement;
- shall in the future comply with MFDA Rule 2.1.1.
A copy of the Reasons for Decision is available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca. During the period described in the Reasons for Decision, the Respondent conducted business in the Saskatoon, Saskatchewan area.
The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their approximately 81,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA's complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to 'Check an Advisor' and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website.
SOURCE Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
For further information: Charles Toth, Managing Director, Litigation, 416-943-4619, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mark Stott, Vice-President, Prairie Region, 403-215-8329, email@example.com