TORONTO, April 18, 2017 /CNW/ - A Hearing Panel of the Atlantic Regional Council of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada ("MFDA") has issued its Reasons for Decision ("Reasons for Decision") in connection with a settlement hearing held in Halifax, Nova Scotia on January 19, 2017 in the matter of Charles James White ("Respondent").
In its Reasons for Decision dated April 18, 2017, the Hearing Panel confirmed the sanctions imposed on the Respondent. In particular, the Respondent:
- is suspended from conducting securities related business in any capacity while in the employ of or associated with any MFDA Member for a period of two (2) months commencing from the date of the final Order;
- is permanently prohibited from engaging in any leveraging activities with clients, including recommending or applying for investment loans for clients;
- has paid a fine in the amount of $5,000;
- has paid costs in the amount of $5,000; and
- shall in the future comply with MFDA Rules 2.1.1 and 2.2.1.
Copies of the Reasons for Decision and the Settlement Agreement are available on the MFDA website at www.mfda.ca. During the period described in the Reasons for Decision, the Respondent conducted business in Truro, Nova Scotia.
The MFDA is the self-regulatory organization for Canadian mutual fund dealers, regulating the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their approximately 83,000 Approved Persons with a mandate to protect investors and the public interest. For more information about the MFDA's complaint and enforcement processes, as well as links to 'Check an Advisor' and other Investor Tools, visit the For Investors page on the MFDA website.
SOURCE Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
For further information: Charles Toth, Director, Litigation, 416-943-4619, [email protected]