MONTREAL, Dec. 4, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - MEGA® Brands Inc., a member of the Mattel® family of companies (NASDAQ: MAT), continues to expand its product portfolio with award-winning toys and world renowned franchises, offering something special for every family member this Holiday season.
Mega Bloks® partnered with two of the world's leading family franchises this year, inviting kids to build their favorite characters, vehicles and locations from some of the most talked-about worlds in the entertainment industry. Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants® and NBC Universal's Despicable Me™ recently joined the toymaker's exciting kids construction lineup and have already gained the attention of children and parents alike. Fans of the franchises are excited over the fun Bikini Bottom-themed building sets from Mega Bloks' SpongeBob line and others have joined the Minion mania by rushing to collect and create their very own buildable Minions.
Additional Fall releases have earned much acclaim from industry experts. Mega Bloks' First Builders™ preschool line and kids' Barbie™ sets have won numerous awards, along with RoseArt® activities, for their educational, innovative and creative elements.
Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag
This iconic bag has been a parent-favorite for preschooler's hands and minds for 30 years. The chunky colorful blocks have earned two awards:
- 2014 Academics' Choice 'Brain Toy Award': Evaluated by its educational benefits such as higher-order thinking skills, character building, creative play, durability and originality, the Big Building Bag was recognized as an exceptional brain-boosting toy by leading thinkers and graduates from Princeton, Harvard, and George Washington University.
- Dr. Toy's 'Best Classic Toys': Stevanne Auerbach, Ph.D., known as Dr. Toy, and Jennie Ito, Ph.D., have been tracking toy trends in the industry for over 30 years and have selected the Big Building Bag to be amongst the top classic toys that fit the criteria for fun and high play value.
Mega Bloks First Builders 1-2-3 Learning Train
Part of the learning-based construction toys line for toddlers and preschoolers, this fun and educational toy has earned the attention of two notable, industry-leading names:
- Scholastic Parent & Child® 'Gold Star Toy' Award: Driven by today's leading parenting magazine and studied by a panel of family testers, the 1-2-3 Learning Train was awarded for its innovation and excellent value, as well as for its engaging, mind-expanding, and educational elements.
- 2014 Parents' Choice Awards® Approved Honor: Evaluated on its developmentally appropriate content and challenges, product design and function, educational value, long-term play value, and benefits to a child's social and emotional growth and well being, the earned this prestigious recognition by the Parents' Choice Foundation, America's oldest nonprofit program and consumer guide to quality children's media.
Mega Bloks First Builders Fast Tracks™ Raceway
This fun new addition to the Preschool line of building sets allows little ones to build a racetrack and mix-and-match their very own cars for endless raceway excitement.
- 2014 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) Silver Winner: Recognized by one of the longest running and highly respected awards programs in North America, the First Builders Fast Tracks Raceway was chosen to be amongst the leading entertaining, appealing, safe, educational, and enduring preschoolers' toys in the industry.
Mega Bloks Barbie Build 'n Play Fab Mansion
This dream house with snappy modular rooms for easy building can be decorated in tons of fabulous ways and offers lots of accessorizing fun for girls aged four and up.
- 2014 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) Silver Winner: Also honored by this notable awards program, the Barbie Build 'N Play Fab Mansion was recognized as one of this year's leading toys for kids.
Mega Bloks Barbie Build 'n Play Fairy Treehouse
The new fantasy-themed line of Barbie building sets offers kids the chance to create a world of magic and wonder by building and decorating an enchanted treehouse where the all-new fairy mini fashion figurines can fly with the help of a working spinning platform.
- Dr. Toy's 2014 '10 Best Building': Recognized by noted play and child development authority, Stevanne Auerback, PhD, as being a safe, affordable, educationally oriented, stimulating new toy and play product for children, the Barbie Fairy Treehouse has been chosen to complement Dr. Toy's selection of the "100 Best" children's products.
RoseArt® Graphic Skinz Design Studio™
Kids can create custom, one of a kind designs and gifts with items found in the kit and from around the home by using the super suction, motorized vacuum chamber that applies full-color graphics to pretty much any object that fits inside the chamber.
- Dr. Toy's 'Best Picks' Award: Carefully chosen as worthy of attention from among thousands that the Dr. Toy Team has reviewed at toy fairs, in catalogs, and through many other sources, Graphic Skinz has been recognized as being a highly creative, safe, age-appropriate, and durable toy with lasting play value.
About MEGA Brands
A member of the Mattel family of companies, MEGA Brands Inc. is a trusted collection of leading global brands in construction toys, games & puzzles and arts & crafts. They offer engaging creative experiences for children and families through innovative, well-designed, affordable and high-quality products. MEGA® Brands includes MEGA BLOKS®, RoseArt®, MEGA Puzzles®, MEGA Games® and Board Dudes®.
Visit http://www.megabrands.com for more information.
The MEGA logo, Mega Bloks, Rose Art, MEGA Puzzles, MEGA Games and Board Dudes are trademarks of MEGA Brands Inc. or its affiliates.
The Mattel family of companies (Nasdaq: MAT) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. Mattel's portfolio of best-selling brands includes Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever produced, Hot Wheels®, Monster High®, American Girl®, Thomas & Friends® and Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People® and Power Wheels®, MEGA® Brands, including MEGA BLOKS® and RoseArt®, as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by Ethisphere Magazine and in 2014 ranked No. 5 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel's companies employ nearly 30,000 people in 40 countries and territories and sell products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are Creating the Future of Play. Visit us at www.mattel.com, www.facebook.com/mattel or www.twitter.com/mattel.
SOURCE: MEGA Brands Inc.