– Season 5 teams include a mother-son funeral director duo, a pair of popular YouTube Creators, and a pair of goofball best friends –
– For more on all 10 teams, visit CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada –
– New season includes special tributes to the 150th anniversary of Canadian confederation –
– Racers take off on epic trip across Canada and around the world beginning Tuesday, July 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO –
To tweet this release: bmpr.ca/2sFo6nM #MeetTheRacers
TORONTO, June 22, 2017 /CNW/ - CTV has now unveiled the 10 teams competing in the new season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, as announced this week by @CTV_PR via #MeetTheRacers videos on Twitter and Instagram. All 10 teams are set to embark on a race like no other, with an all-new fifth season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airing Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 4 on CTV and CTV GO.
#MeetTheRacers and let the race begin!
- Karen & Burt, a vivacious, cool-under-pressure couple from Edmonton, Alta.
- Sam & Paul, out-going and fun-loving boyfriends from Toronto, Ont.
- Andrea & Ebonie, energetic best friends and business partners from Montréal, Que.
- Kenneth & Ryan, passionate best friends from Collingwood, Ont., who live their lives by one word – GIVE'R.
- Aaron and Deb, a wacky mother-son duo who work together as funeral directors in their family-run funeral home in Grand Forks, B.C.
- Korey & Ivana, chiseled fitness gurus, co-workers, and best friends from Toronto, Ont.
- Megan & Courtney, quirky cousins with absolutely no filter from Corner Brook, N.L.
- Zed & Shabbir, a fiercely driven father-son duo from Vancouver, B.C.
- Adam & Andrea, outgoing, competitive siblings from Montréal, Que.
- Dan & Riya, a pair of YouTube Creators from Toronto, Ont., whose most popular video has received more than 14 million views.
**Media Note** Download artwork for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA at bellmediaPR.ca
More information about THE AMAZING RACE CANADA teams is below. Click on the team names for full bios and photography.
Current City: Grand Forks, B.C.
Occupation: Funeral Director
Current City: Coquitlam, B.C.
Occupation: Manager Director – Hospitality
Current City: Montréal, Que.
Occupation: Graphic Designer
To get to know the roster of teams competing on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, fans can visit CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada and explore the team pages presented by Chevrolet. The site features team videos, bios, fun facts, and exclusive content. For full episodes, sneak peeks, and extras, head to the site after the Season 5 premiere on July 4.
Season 4 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA averaged 1.9 million viewers per week, making it the #1 series of the summer for four consecutive years and a Top 20 program in Canada in 2016.
Hosted by Olympic Gold Medalist Jon Montgomery (@jonmonty), Season 5 will see Racers travel across Canada and beyond, tackling non-stop challenges in the country's favourite summertime adventure. Canadians can also look forward to special challenges and storylines to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Canadian confederation throughout the season.
This season's grand prize is a Next Generation 2018 Chevrolet Equinox True North Edition for each of the winners, a once-in-a-lifetime trip around the world for two, $250,000 in cash, and coveted title of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA champions. Racers will also be competing for special leg prizes, awarded to the first team to cross the mat in each of the episodes leading up to the finale.
Encore presentations of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA air Saturdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT and Sundays at 5 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO. Visit CTV.ca to check local listings. Previous seasons are also available for streaming now on CraveTV.
Season 5 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA welcomes back returning partner Chevrolet, which has been with the series for all five seasons, and BMO, which enters its third consecutive season as a partner. New partners this year are Sinorama, Canadian Tire's Woods brand, and Campbell's.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
About Insight Productions
Insight Productions, known for its award-winning ratings juggernauts, is Canada's most established content producer. Headed by John Brunton & Barbara Bowlby, Insight is an industry leader in the development, financing, and production of hit programming, both scripted and unscripted. The Amazing Race Canada, The Tragically Hip: A National Celebration; The JUNO Awards 2016 and How To Change The World collectively took home 14 Canadian Screen Awards in 2017. Smash hit and Top 20 series Big Brother Canada delivered huge audiences, and was one of the highest engaged Canadian TV programs on social. Past productions include Intervention Canada, Project Runway Canada, Battle of the Blades, Ready Or Not, Falcon Beach, The Truth About Alex, and Canadian Idol. Insight Productions was founded in 1979 and has since created thousands of hours of groundbreaking content. In 2015, Insight received the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television's inaugural Icon Award in recognition of its 35th anniversary.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 16 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris, Summer 2016: May 23 – Sep 11, 2016. TARC: June 28 – Sep 13, 2016. 2016: Jan 1-Dec, 2016. P2+. Final data.
For further information: Jesse Wanagas, CTV Networks, 416-384-3193 or [email protected]; Matthew Almeida, CTV Networks, 416-384-2629 or [email protected]; Marin Pollock, CTV Networks, 416-384-2989 or [email protected]; Jim Quan, CTV Networks, 416-384-5311 or [email protected]