Featuring new concept stores with bold design, unparalleled services and innovative product offerings
RICHMOND HILL, ON, Dec. 11, 2018 /CNW/ - Known for decades as an office supplies warehouse, Staples Canada is now the Working and Learning Company and has launched its first new concept store in Kirkland, Quebec. Leading the way in working and learning, the company will introduce a second new concept location in downtown Toronto, Ontario in January that will offer a coworking space, called Staples Studio. This transformation is focused on providing customers with a new experience that's rooted in community, inspiration and solutions that will help Canadians work, learn and grow together.
"The way people work and live is changing in profound ways and Staples Canada is adapting to help our customers work, learn and grow," said David Boone, CEO, Staples Canada. "We spoke to thousands of entrepreneurs, teachers, students and parents to gain insights on what we could do to better suit their needs, and we're delivering a solution unique to Canada. Every decision we make is driven by thinking differently about the needs of our customers."
The first two new concept stores in Kirkland and Toronto demonstrate a completely new retail experience. The stores are modern with clear sightlines to draw the eye throughout the store experience. Vignettes and feature tables showcase product solutions for different types of work environments. Customers are encouraged to interact with discovery areas to test and learn curated product solutions.
Highlights of the new Staples Canada include:
- New brand identity – The Working and Learning Company is the lens that drives every decision Staples Canada makes. This change is reflected in a new, refreshed logo which reflects the collaboration between customers, and store associates across the country.
- Discovery experience – Customers will be able to get hands-on with the products they need in store, including new Pen and Journal Bars, and Tech Discovery Zone.
- Spotlight – A new space has been created for community members, entrepreneurs, educators and students to meet, share ideas and learn through Staples Canada's weekly Spotlight Speaker Series.
- New design-focused products – Thousands of new products have been introduced both in stores and online to inspire working and learning.
- Technology and connectivity – As one of the largest technology retailers in the country, Staples Canada carries every major technology brand, organized by category, with experts on hand to help customers connect their homes and offices.
- Expanded services – The company is relaunching and taking its services business to the next level as the Solution Shop, which will provide the support Staples Canada is known for along with new, relevant categories, such as digital marketing services.
- Omnichannel – The new Staples Canada exists in store and online to inspire and support Canadians from coast-to-coast, with the ability to deliver to 85 per cent of customers the next day with a dedicated fleet and minimal, or no, shipping fees.
- Staples Studio, a new coworking space – Beginning in Toronto, Staples Canada is introducing coworking within its University Ave store, providing entrepreneurs and businesses with all the space and resources they could ever need at their fingertips, including the newest Mos Mos café location.
Connecting and Supporting Communities
Beginning with the two new concept locations, the Spotlight Speaker Series will feature Innovative product demonstrations and entrepreneurial networking events and weekly speakers.
At the new University Ave location, Staples Studio will feature a new full-service café run by Mos Mos coffee. Created in 2014, the Mos Mos story demonstrates the inspiring entrepreneurial and community spirit Staples Canada has embraced. Mos Mos is focused on one goal: to brew the perfect coffee experience that helps others take a few minutes to savour the moment.
"The environment we've created in our concept stores invites anyone coming in to spend time with us, find a place to relax and hang out, explore products, grab a coffee, share ideas and work together." added Boone.
Rethinking Merchandise and Stores
A new, modern design sensibility will be found within the new stores, from the layout, to displays and products. Upon entering, customers will see that stores have been divided into zones that better help them discover ways to improve how they work and learn including: Tech and Connect, Write and Create, Print and Paper and Workspaces.
Providing Advanced Services
An enhanced approach to service offerings that customers have depended on for years will be even bigger and better through the new Solution Shop. Available in stores across the country, it will contain solutions for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, students, teachers and anyone else with needs around print and marketing, digital marketing, technology services and more to help solve problems and grow businesses.
Canadians can let Staples Canada know what would help them work, learn and grow by using #worklearngrow.
SOURCE Staples Canada Inc.
For further information: Alessandra Saccal, Staples Canada, 905-737-1147 Ext. 2363, [email protected]; Kathleen Stelmach, Staples Canada, 905-737-1147 Ext. 2714, [email protected]; Ray McIlroy, Golin, 647-680-8316, [email protected]