20 muralists, 8 art shows, 40 art installations and free activities coming to Saint-Laurent Boulevard from June 13 to 16
MONTREAL, June 12, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The Société de développement du boulevard Saint-Laurent (SDBSL) and the LNDMRK agency are pleased to invite the public and the media to the first edition of the MURAL International Public Art Festival, which will take place from June 13 to 16 on the Main.
The MURAL Festival will bring together more than 35 local and international artists over a 2-km stretch of open-air market. Saint-Laurent Boulevard will be closed to traffic for the occasion from Sherbrooke Street to Mount Royal Avenue. This innovative project is a true celebration of creativity and will reaffirm that the Main is still a must-see destination.
The 2013 edition of MURAL will feature world-renowned artists such as: Gaia (USA), Ricardo Cavolo (Spain), ROA (Belgium), Escif (Spain), Phlegm (England), Pixel Pancho (Italy), LNY (USA and Ecuador) and Christina Angelina (USA).
A number of Montreal artists like Omen, Jason Botkin, Labrona, Other, A'shop, Le Bonnard, La Paria, Skin Jackin, Garbage Beauty, Chris Dyer, En Masse, STARE, Squid called Sebastian and Stikki Peaches are also taking part in the festival.
In addition to the large, semi-permanent murals created throughout the festival, several activities are not to be missed:
- Thursday, June 13, 5 PM: MURAL festival opening cocktail at Espace Infopresse (by invitation only)
- Thursday, June 13, 10 PM: Thisisherd.ca opening party at Blizzarts and Blue Dog
- Friday, June 14, 5 PM: Corona Paint Party on the corner of St-Laurent & Prince Arthur
- Friday, June 14, 6 PM: MURAL/STATION 16 official vernissage at Station 16 art gallery
- Friday, June 14, 9 PM to 3 AM: Night projection and 3D mapping on the boulevard, presented by SPOTNIGHT
- Saturday, June 15, noon to 10 PM: Oshee & Aga Block Party, a free outdoor concert featuring DJs Ryan Emsworth, Kaytranada, Grandtheft, Prison Guard, KenLo Craqnuques and Jeanbart & RRKelly
- Sunday, June 16, 8 PM: Finishing of the "Beauty of Tragedy" exhibition in the Conseil des arts de Montréal atrium
- Sunday, June 16, 10 PM: FRESH AIR closing party at the Balroom
Full programming details are available on the MURAL Festival's website (http://muralfestival.com/).
LNDMRK is an artistic marketing agency that develops creative projects and solutions to promote clients' marketing initiatives that have significant artistic value.
Established in the year 2000, the mission of the Société de Développement du Boulevard Saint-Laurent (SDBSL), which represents almost 600 Saint-Laurent Boulevard merchants, owners and tenants, is to foster the economic, cultural and social development of The Main between Sherbrooke Street and Mount Royal Avenue.
MURAL Festival spokespersons André Bathalon and Glenn Castanheira are available for interviews, as are many of the participating artists. Please contact our press officer for all inquiries and for presence on site.
SOURCE: Société de développement du boulevard Saint-Laurent
For further information:
Dany St-Jean, press officer, Hansen affaires publiques, cell: 514-212-5457.
Email: [email protected]