TORONTO, Aug. 1, 2017 /CNW/ - Canadian Pacific invites local media to attend the CP Canada 150 Train community event.
What: CP Canada 150 Train event
When: August 11, 2017 – 5-8 p.m., show starts at 6.
Where: CP Lambton Yard, 750 Runnymede Road
Full event details, including on site activities, available at http://www.cpr.ca/en/community/canada-150/toronto Please add this event to your community events calendar.
Media is encouraged to share our Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/774814116016014/) and engage on social media @CanadianPacific using #ConnectingCanada.
Please send requests to speak to a CP spokesperson to Alert_MediaRelations@cpr.ca. Only prearranged interviews with artists are available due to time constraints. The train will arrive prior to the event start time and depart thereafter. Media should be prepared to gather all footage during the event.
Facts about CP in this city
- With the lease of the Ontario & Quebec Railway in 1884 (which held the leases for the Toronto, Grey & Bruce Railway as well as for the Credit Valley Railway), the CPR gained access to the burgeoning Toronto market in addition to a large territory in southern Ontario.
- In 1913, the Canadian Pacific Building on the corner of Yonge and King Streets opened in what was then Toronto's financial district. The Edwardian-style 15-storey skyscraper – then the tallest in the British Empire - was a dramatic change from CPR's Chateau-style of architecture.
- First opened in April 1964, CP's Agincourt Yard near Toronto is one of CP's busiest rail yards.
- Ever visited Roundhouse Park, the Steam Whistle Brewery or Toronto Railway Museum? These are all located at the John Street Roundhouse which was opened by CPR in 1931. It remained in operation for more than 50 years and was then donated to the City of Toronto.
- Today, CP employs more than 1,200 employees in the Greater Toronto Area - the hub of its eastern Canadian operations.
SOURCE Canadian Pacific
For further information: Media contact: Andy Cummings, Manager, Media Relations, 612-554-0850, 2601 49th Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55430, 24/7 Media email - email@example.com