MONTREAL, Aug. 7, 2017 /CNW/ - Canadian Pacific invites local media to attend the CP Canada 150 Train community event.
What: CP Canada 150 Train event
When: August 13, 2017 – 3-6 p.m., event starts at 4 p.m.
Where: Old Port of Montreal, St-Pierre Square
Full event details, including on site activities, available at http://www.cpr.ca/en/community/canada-150/montreal. Please add this event to your community events calendar.
Media is encouraged to share our Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/1299000230220858/) and engage on social media @CanadianPacific using #ConnectingCanada.
Please send requests to speak to a CP spokesperson to Alert_MediaRelations@cpr.ca. Only prearranged interviews with artists are available due to time constraints. The train will arrive prior to the event start time and depart thereafter. Media should be prepared to gather all footage during the event.
Facts about CP in this city
- Montreal is where plans for the railway were finalized
- Opened in 1889, Montreal's iconic Windsor Station was the home to CPR's head office until the company relocated to Calgary in 1996. The station was enlarged seamlessly in 1900 and again in 1915. Windsor Station was almost torn down twice – in 1929, and again in 1970, however, The Great Depression cancelled the first plan and the second plan didn't happen after a group of Montrealers mobilized to save the building. In 1990, the Canadian Government designated the building as a heritage railway station
- Canadian Pacific Railway was instrumental, in the first part of the 20th century, in settling the Canadian West and Windsor Station was the hub from which thousands of immigrants began their journey
- CP's archives, which documents not only the history of the transportation giant, but also the Company's important role in building Canada, are now held at Exporail, The Canadian Railway Museum, located near Montreal at Saint-Constant, QC
- Today, CP employees approximately 600 people in the greater Montreal area
SOURCE Canadian Pacific
For further information: Andy Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-554-0850.