EDMONTON, June 18 /CNW/ - The Radio Television News Directors Association (RTNDA) wishes to invite the media to the RTNDA national awards gala taking place on Saturday, June 19 at the Westin Hotel in downtown Edmonton. The annual awards competition attracts entries from across Canada. The RTNDA awards are named after recognized leaders in our profession.
Be sure to follow the conference on Twitter. Information will be tweeted throughout the conference - including the national award winners. You can follow RTNDA Canada on twitter or get updates via SMS by texting follow RTNDA_Canada to 21212.
DATE: Saturday, June 19
LOCATION: Westin Hotel, Downtown Edmonton
This year's program is sure to be one of the best ever with a stellar lineup of networking opportunities, workshops, panel discussions, including:
- Battlefield Dispatches: Coping with the Realities of Covering War and
- Going Local in a New Direction - More local news all day - can it
work for TV?
- The Flaming Chainsaw Test: How to Keep Viewers Glued to Your
Newscast - Highlight and sell the unique qualities of a story.
- Broadcast Voice: Finding and Fixing the Four Fatal Flaws - Learn what
the most common vocal problems are and how to fix them.
- Social Networking Boot camp & Cools Tools for Journalists - Create
and connect with your audiences in unique ways using social media.
- RTNDA will also honour CP24 Vice President & General Manager Bob
McLaughlin during the President's Gala with the RTNDA Distinguished
Service Award on Friday evening
- RTNDA national awards will recognize the best in broadcast journalism
on Saturday evening.
Media planning to attend should RVSP via email.
SOURCE RTNDA Canada
For further information: For further information: about the RTNDA Conference, media are asked to contact: Sherry Denesha, RTNDA Operations Manager, email@example.com; Peter Angione, Chair, RTNDA National Conference, 613-762-7992 (cellular), firstname.lastname@example.org