EDMONTON, June 16 /CNW/ - The Radio Television News Directors Association (RTNDA) wishes to invite the media to attend the national RTNDA Conference in Edmonton from Thursday, June 17 - Saturday, June 19. The conference kicks off on Thursday evening with an opening reception.
This year's program is sure to be one of the best ever with a stellar lineup of networking opportunities, workshops, panel discussions, including:
- Battlefield Dispatches: Coping with the Realities of Covering War and
- Going Local in a New Direction - More local news all day - can it
work for TV?
- The Flaming Chainsaw Test: How to Keep Viewers Glued to Your Newscast
- Highlight and sell the unique qualities of a story.
- Broadcast Voice: Finding and Fixing the Four Fatal Flaws - Learn what
the most common vocal problems are and how to fix them.
- Social Networking Boot camp & Cools Tools for Journalists - Create
and connect with your audiences in unique ways using social media.
- RTNDA will also honour CP24 Vice President & General Manager Bob
McLaughlin during the President's Gala on Friday evening
- RTNDA national awards will recognize the best in broadcast journalism
on Saturday evening.
Be sure to follow the conference on Twitter. Information will be tweeted throughout the conference - including the national award winners. You can follow RTNDA Canada on twitter or get updates via SMS by texting follow RTNDA_Canada to 21212.
DATE: Thursday, June 17 - Saturday, June 19
LOCATION: Westin Hotel, Downtown Edmonton
(xxx)PLEASE NOTE: THE OPENING RECEPTION ON THURSDAY TAKES
PLACE OFF-SITE AT THE SHAW CONFERENCE CENTRE(xxxx)
Attached is a complete list of sessions planned for the
Media planning to attend should RVSP via email.
SOURCE RTNDA Canada
For further information: For further information: about the RTNDA Conference, media are asked to contact: Sherry Denesha, RTNDA Operations Manager, email@example.com; Peter Angione, Chair, RTNDA National Conference, 613-762-7992 (cellular), firstname.lastname@example.org