MONTREAL, Oct. 30, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The Gender Summit North America 2017 is being held at Le Centre Sheraton Montréal Hotel from November 6 to 8. More than 650 participants will attend this international summit on gender equality, diversity and inclusion in the sciences and across all spheres of society.
Organized by the Fonds de recherche du Québec and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, in collaboration with Portia Ltd from the UK, the Gender Summit will go beyond the usual framework of gender to address issues affecting LGBTQ2 communities and Indigenous people, who often experience inequality, discrimination and harassment.
Discussions at the Gender Summit will focus on finding concrete solutions and determining best practices to promote pluralism and foster inclusion in society.
We invite you to cover the summit in your media outlet, to interview the summit's panelists on your show or to publish articles on the subject on your website. We are convinced that the many topics covered during this major international conference will be of interest to your audience or readership.
Gender Summit speakers include:
- Line Chamberland, professor, Department of Sexology and Research Chair on Homophobia, Université du Québec à Montréal
- Joëlle Pineau, Associate Professor of Computer Science, Co-Director of McGill University's Reasoning and Learning Lab, and Director of the Facebook AI Research Lab
- Dominique Anglade, Deputy Premier of Québec, Minister of Economy, Science and Innovation and Minister responsible for the Digital Strategy
Québec spokespersons for the summit:
- Rémi Quirion, Chief Scientist of Québec
- Maryse Lassonde, Scientific Director of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT), President of the Royal Society of Canada and co-organizer of the Gender Summit
Consult the program: https://gender-summit.com/gs11-a-propos
Admission to the summit is free for members of the media. Please register at the registration desk on arrival.
SOURCE Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé
For further information: Information and interview requests: Véronique Sauriol, Communications and Knowledge Mobilization Advisor, Fonds de recherche du Québec, 514 873-2114, ext. 1812, firstname.lastname@example.org