Highlights of a comprehensive national survey on leadership communications and its impact on the workplace
OTTAWA, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ -
- Public sector job satisfaction is quite high: education at 82%, public administration/government at 73% and health & social work at 72%, compared to the retail sector at 58%.
- Confidence in senior leadership is significantly lower in public administration/government at 35% compared to financial services at 52% and high tech/telecom at 55%.
- Senior leaders in the financial services industry are doing a better job of communicating what is happening at 53% compared to the public administration/government 37%.
- Is lack of trust and confidence in business leaders destroying employee engagement? What can be done about it? 50% of employees only moderately engaged; 23% not engaged
- How do the results vary by region? Age?
- Employees in the West are most engaged: 33% highly engaged
- Younger employees least engaged: Gen X 22%
- Confidence in senior leadership lowest in Gen X: 38%
|| Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Registration, Breakfast and Networking: 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM
Presentation: 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM Q&A Session: 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
|| John Wright, president and managing director, Canadian Management Centre;
Trevor Clarke, vice president, Ipsos Reid
| Who should attend:
|| Senior business leaders, human resources, organizational development and
talent management professionals
|| Delta Hotel Ottawa, Pinnacle Room Penthouse
101 Lyon Street North, Ottawa, ON
There is no cost to attend the sessions but advance registration is required and space is limited. For more information or to register please visit: http://www.cmcoutperform.com/building-a-better-workplace. For general inquiries, please call 1-877-262-2500. Follow on Twitter @CanadianMgmt #CMCevents.
SOURCE: Canadian Management Centre
For further information:
MEDIA INQUIRIES: To RSVP, schedule an interview or for additional information, please contact Susan Willemsen, Anita Boudreau or Alexandra Muszynski-Kwan at The Siren Group Inc. Tel: 416-461-5270 or via email at Alexandra@thesirengroup.com.