TORONTO, March 7, 2019 /CNW/ - Sugar Shack TO, presented by Redpath brings a dose of sweetness to Toronto's waterfront this weekend, just in time for March Break.
Saturday, March 9, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, March 10, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sherbourne Common– 61 Dockside Drive, Lower Sherbourne and Queens Quay E.
Directions and location can be found here.
- Two Sugar Shacks serving up delicious Ontario maple taffy all weekend long
- Interactive ice activities from Menkes Developments, including ice shuffleboard, a larger than life ice tic-tac-toe, giant ice building blocks and an ice photo op
- Winter Marketplace, presented by Tridel/Hines/First Capital with a variety of maple-infused goodies, cozy comfort foods and artisan products. Find sweet and savoury delights, like maple bacon sausage, mini pancakes topped with maple syrup, bacon poutine with a maple drizzle, butter tarts, Canadian cheese and more.
- Warming station and maple sugaring demonstration, courtesy of RBC, and a meet and greet with Canadian Olympic swimmer Michelle Toro on Saturday from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Winter-themed Obstacle Course *New this year
- Sweet giveaways from Redpath Sugar and Waterfront Toronto
- Battle of the Chainsaws ice carving competitions, happening twice daily
- Ice skating on the Sherbourne Common rink. Weather permitting. BYOS (Bring Your Own Skates)
- Sugar Shack Bar by the water serving spiked hot chocolate and coffee
- Free general admission
Sugar Shack TO 2019 Partners include: Redpath Sugar, Waterfront Toronto, Menkes Developments, Tridel, Hines, First Capital, RBC, CTV, Cision and Westin Harbour Castle. For more information, visit sugarshackto.ca.
ABOUT WATER'S EDGE FESTIVALS & EVENTS
Water's Edge Festivals & Events (WEFE) is an Ontario not-for-profit organization created in 2011 with a mandate to promote Toronto as a waterfront destination. WEFE produces the annual Redpath Waterfront Festival and Sugar Shack TO. Past projects have included the pan-provincial TALL SHIPS 1812 Tour (2013) and the ONTARIO 150 Tour (2017).
Redpath Sugar has been crafting sugar in Canada since 1854 and has been an integral part of Toronto's waterfront for more than 60 years. With over 300 employees, Redpath is proud to provide high quality sugar products across Canada, through grocery stores, restaurants, foodservice outlets and to food manufacturers. www.redpathsugar.com
SOURCE Water's Edge Festivals & Events
For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Katie Raskina, PR & Communications Coordinator, Harmony Marketing, Office: (416) 452-5355 | E-mail: [email protected]