TORONTO, Sept. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - Celebrating the academic success of its scholarship recipients, the 13th annual Children's Aid Foundation Recognition Night will take place tonight, Wednesday, September 12 at the Royal Conservatory on Bloor Street in Toronto.
The Children's Aid Foundation's Post Secondary education support programs were established in 1995. In 2011-12, 260 students qualified for over $800,000 in scholarships and bursaries, including the newly launched Joe Carter scholarships. Our student scholars are enrolled in 22 universities and 14 colleges across Canada.
Media are cordially invited to attend.
What: Children's Aid Foundation's 13th annual Recognition Night and Award Ceremony
- Inspiring student speaker, also a talented musician who will perform a song of her own
- Passionate philanthropists and child welfare advocates Andrea Weissman-Daniels and Mark Daniels to receive top award from Foundation
- Video presentations showcasing star-studded Joe Carter Classic Golf Tournament and elegant Spark Gala
- Emcee Joe Canavan, CEO, Children's Aid Foundation
- Over 100 scholarship and bursary winners to meet the donors and benefactors who make their education a reality
When: Wednesday, September 12, 2012. Media Availability from 4:30 PM. Cocktail Reception at 5:00PM, Awards Program at 6:00PM, Reception resumes at 7:00PM.
- INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES
- 5:00-5:30PM and 7:00-7:30PM - Andrea Weissman-Daniels, Mark Daniels, student speaker, Children's Aid Foundation CEO
- PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
- 6:13PM - Children's Aid Foundation Impact video
- 6:16PM - Student speaker
- 6:23PM - Joe Carter Classic Golf Tournament video presentation
- 6:34PM - SPARK Gala video presentation and Guardian Award to Andrea Weissman-Daniels and Mark Daniels
- 6:51PM - Musical performance by student speaker
Where: The Royal Conservatory, TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning, 273 Bloor Street West, Toronto
About the Children's Aid Foundation
One in every 25 children in Canada is at risk and needs our help. Many suffer in poverty, while others have been victims of abuse or neglect. A staggering 76,000 of them live in foster homes or a residential facility. The mission of the Children's Aid Foundation is to fund programs that give them skills and hope for a promising future.
For more information on the Children's Aid Foundation, visit http://www.cafdn.org/
For Children's Aid Foundation Impact video, visit http://www.cafdn.org/supportandhope
For the Joe Carter Classic, visit http://joecarterclassic.com
For the SPARK Gala and Ignite the Spark Fund, visit http://ignitethespark.ca
SOURCE: Children's Aid Foundation
For further information:
For further information, the media should contact:
Jeff Ball, Children's Aid Foundation
416-923-0924 x 230 / [email protected] until noon Sep 12
647-918-3201 noon-9PM Sep 12