VANCOUVER, Nov. 24, 2014 /CNW/ - As Canada counts down the days to the 102nd Grey Cup, join the teams at Mark's (@MarksWW), the Canadian Football League (CFL), alumnus athletes and the Grey Cup trophy to celebrate and help build excitement for Sunday's big game. This Thursday, Mark's is bringing the ultimate football experience to Vancouver's Robson Square, where fans will have the opportunity to test their footballs skills at a fun and engaging pop-up activation.
Whether it's their vertical, foot speed or Hail Mary throws, fans will have the chance to track their scores and compete for the big prizes, including Grey Cup tickets. Participants in the skills competition will be encouraged to make a donation to Jumpstart Charities, a national charity dedicated to providing kids from low-income families with the opportunity to experience the benefits of organized sports and physical activities.
- Pop-up skills competition will create great visuals of fans with the Grey Cup trophy. Event will also provide access and interview opportunities with BC Lions Alumnus Geroy Simon, Sean Millington, Brent Johnson and Angus Reid as well as spokespeople from Mark's and the CFL.
- Robson Square, 800 Robson St, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 3B7
Thursday, November, 27, 2014 from 11:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- The Grey Cup trophy will be onsite from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- CFL alumnus will be onsite from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Representatives from Mark's and the CFL
- Geroy Simon, former BC Lions Slotback
- Sean Millington, former BC Lions Fullback
- Brent Johnson, former BC Lions Defensive Lineman
- Angus Reid, former BC Lions Offensive Lineman
- Representatives from Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities and local kids who have benefited from the program
Mark's is hosting pop-up events for fans in neighbourhoods across Vancouver from Wednesday, November 26 through to Saturday, November 29. For further information on individual events, please reach out to the contacts below.
For further information: Media contact: Jill Kenney, GetFresh PR (on behalf of Mark's), Account Executive, 778-837-1122, [email protected]; Britney Wilson, Mark's, Communications Advisor, 403-692-7103, [email protected]