TORONTO, June 15, 2012 /CNW/ - On Monday, June 18th, the Children's Aid Foundation will host the 12th Annual Women's Golf Classic, at the prestigious Angus Glen Golf Club in Markham, Ontario. Funds raised at this popular boutique event benefit the Children's Aid Foundation and help offer hope and opportunity to thousands of Canadian children and youth who are at risk of poverty, abuse or neglect. To date, over $2.4 million has been raised to fund programs that focus on prevention, enrichment and education to help vulnerable children and youth grow into healthy adults and contributing members of society.
Presented by Rogers Communications, the Women's Golf Classic brings together many of Canada's most prominent women executives and entrepreneurs to network, entertain clients and socialize with colleagues while enjoying a day of luxury on the links, including a golf clinic by Canadian golf legend, Sandra Post, starting at 9:00 AM.
Spokespersons for the Women's Golf Classic and the Children's Aid Foundation will be available to the media as follows:
MEDIA AVAILABILITY, Monday June 18, 2012
- Len Gamache, President, Children's Aid Foundation
- Mridula Joyner, Director of Development, Children's Aid Foundation
- Andrea Bolger, Head, Business Financial Services, RBC Royal Bank of Canada and Director, Children's Aid Foundation
- Student scholar, assisted by Children's Aid Foundation scholarships
- Mridula Joyner: 9:00 - 11:00 AM
- Andrea Bolger: 9:00 - 11:00 AM
- Len Gamache: 5:00 - 7:00 PM
- Student scholar: 5:00 - 7:00PM
- Angus Glen Golf Club, 10080 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON
About the Children's Aid Foundation
One in every 25 children in Canada are at risk and need our help. Many suffer in poverty, while others have been victims of abuse and neglect. A staggering 76,000 of them live in foster homes or a residential facility. The mission of the Children's Aid Foundation is to fund programs that give them skills and hope for a promising future.
For further information:
the media should contact:
Jeff Ball, Children's Aid Foundation, 416-923-0924 ex 230 / [email protected]