Evening will bring together Weekend walkers, survivors, researchers and executives from The Alberta Cancer Foundation
EDMONTON, March 14, 2012 /CNW/ -
The Spring Fling Expo is ideal for Edmonton residents looking to register and participate in the 2012 Alberta Weekend.
Weekend walkers, survivors, researchers and executives from The Alberta Cancer Foundation and The Cross Cancer Institute will discuss local impacts funds raised from The Alberta Weekend are making, highlight the importance of The Weekend and honor the 2011 official Weekend "Pacesetters."
Weekend walkers who bring a friend and have them register that evening will earn a $100 credit towards their fundraising goal.
In addition to notable presentations, there will be opportunities to meet other Weekend walkers, team captains recruiting new members and learn fundraising and training tips.
Spring Fling Expo is FREE and open to the public. Complimentary pink punch and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
To register for The Weekend, make a donation or learn more, call 877-394-9255 or visit www.endcancer.ca
WHERE AND WHEN:
- March 20, 2012 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm - Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe, 10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, AB, T5J 1N7
MEDIA AND INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:
- Dr. Tim Terry - A diagnostic radiologist at The Cross Cancer Institute who is closely involved in "Screen Test," a breast cancer screening program in Alberta which has benefited from funds raised by The Alberta Weekend.
- Chad Ceislik - Since 2003, Chad has walked in 50 Weekends and with the help of his team, "Butterfly of Hope," has raised over $1M in 9 years. In 2010 Chad was diagnosed with cancer yet managed to attend the events in support of his team.
- Participants - Several Weekend survivors, participants and supports will be on hand to share their personal stories of survival, loss, hope and motivation.
- Alberta Cancer Foundation - Executive Welcome
- Local Funds Impacts and Thank You From Researchers at The Cross Cancer Institute
- Chad Ceislik Motivational Testimonial
- 2012 Pace Setter Recognition and Plaque Presentation
- 5 Minute Experience Video
For further information:
MEDIA RSVP IS PREFERRED
Borjana Slipicevic - Western PR Coordinator
E: [email protected]