Evening will bring together Weekend walkers, survivors, researchers and executives from The Alberta Cancer Foundation
CALGARY, March 14, 2012 /CNW/ -
The Spring Fling Expo is ideal for Calgary residents looking to register and participate in the 2012 Alberta Weekend.
Weekend walkers, survivors, researchers and executives from The Alberta Cancer Foundation and The Tom Baker Cancer Centre will discuss local impacts funds raised from The Alberta Weekend are making, highlight the importance of The Weekend and honor the 2011 official Weekend "Pacesetters."
Weekend walkers who bring a friend and have them register that evening will earn a $100 credit towards their fundraising goal.
In addition to notable presentations, there will be opportunities to meet other Weekend walkers, team captains recruiting new members and learn fundraising and training tips.
Spring Fling Expo is FREE and open to the public. Complimentary pink punch and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
To register for The Weekend, make a donation or learn more, call 877-394-9255 or visit www.endcancer.ca
WHERE AND WHEN:
- March 22, 2012 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm - Delta Bow Valley, 209-4th Avenue SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0C6
MEDIA AND INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:
- Dr. Christine Friedenreich - Senior Research Scientists at Alberta Health Services is currently leading a research project, "BETA Trial," which correlates exercise as a preventative measure against breast cancer.
- Chad Ceislik - Since 2003, Chad has walked in 50 Weekends and with the help of his team, "Butterfly of Hope," has raised over $1M in 9 years. In 2010 Chad was diagnosed with cancer yet managed to attend the events in support of his team.
- Participants - Several Weekend survivors, participants and supports will be on hand to share their personal stories of survival, loss, hope and motivation.
- Alberta Cancer Foundation - Executive Welcome
- Local Funds Impacts and Thank You From Researchers at The Tom Baker Institute
- Chad Ceislik Motivational Testimonial
- 2012 Pacesetter Recognition and Plaque Presentation
- 5 Minute Experience Video
For further information: