Toronto Restaurants and Food Trucks Serve Up Tasty Dishes to Celebrate Local Heroes and Raise Funds for Second Harvest
TORONTO, Oct. 1, 2015 /CNW/ -
What: Second Harvest Hero Community Lunch
Where: Yonge-Dundas Square
When: Thursday, October 8th, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Who: Second Harvest and restaurant partners:
- Hard Rock Café
- Learning Enrichment Foundation Harvest Kitchen
- Liaison College
- Matty's Seafood/Rock Lobster
- Salad King
- Sullivan & Bleeker Baking Co.
- The Birchwood Kitchen
- The Dale Ministries – A Second Harvest Recipient Agency
- Tiny Tom Donuts
- Twist by Roger Mooking
Why: Join Second Harvest, along with Food Network Chef, Recording Artist and Second Harvest Ambassador Roger Mooking, as we celebrate local Heroes who support food rescue. Our Heroes come from hundreds of companies across the city and engage in a variety of activities to help support our food rescue program through the Hero Workplace Fundraiser campaign. This initiative aims to keep surplus food from going to waste in order to feed children, adults and seniors experiencing hunger. To learn more, visit: secondharvesthero.ca.
- Community members coming together for lunch
- Toronto restaurants and food trucks serving up delicious dishes
- Local Heroes supporting Second Harvest
- Corporate groups participating in team-building activities led by Teambonders
- Debra Lawson, Executive Director, Second Harvest
- Roger Mooking, Food Network Chef, Recording Artist and Second Harvest Ambassador
About Second Harvest
Established in 1985, Second Harvest is the largest food rescue charity in Canada. Second Harvest rescues excess, fresh food that would otherwise go to waste, and delivers that food to more than 200 social service agencies in Toronto, feeding people experiencing hunger. Since 1985 Second Harvest has rescued and delivered over 100 million pounds of good food, thus preventing 50 million pounds of greenhouse gases from entering the atmosphere. Second Harvest's vision: No Waste. No Hunger.
SOURCE Second Harvest
For further information: To RSVP to the lunch or for more information please contact: Erin Cudmore, Zenergy Communications, 416-591-5461, [email protected]