OTTAWA, Jan. 30, 2019 /CNW/ - The RCMP's world-famous Musical Ride will be holding its annual Open House.
This popular community event is an opportunity for the RCMP Musical Ride to meet the public and to collect food donations for the Ottawa Food Bank. Attendance is normally in the range of 5,500 to 8,500.
When: Saturday, February 2, 2019 - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: The Musical Ride Centre, 1 Sandridge Road (at St. Laurent Blvd.) The grounds are also accessible off the Sir-George-Étienne-Cartier Parkway. Free parking on site.
Admission: Free. Visitors are encouraged to make a donation for the Ottawa Food Bank.
In 2018, the event raised $6,030 and 4,755 pounds of food for the food bank.
Open House highlights:
- RCMP specialized units demonstrate policing techniques;
- RCMP vehicles and equipment on display;
- Door prizes of RCMP memorabilia will be given away throughout the day;
- Photo opportunities with riders and horses and RCMP mascot Safety Bear;
- Tour the Musical Ride stables.
Photo opportunities for the media:
Full access to the Musical Ride Visitor's Centre and stables. Other photo opportunities can be arranged upon request.
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mounted Police
For further information: For media enquiries, please contact: RCMP Media Relations: 613-843-5999