REGINA, Nov. 7, 2017 /CNW/ - The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is pleased to invite members of the media to National Youth Engagement Week activities at Depot.
This initiative provides the opportunity to 32 Grades 11 and 12 students from all over Canada to attend the RCMP Academy to learn about and experience the work of an RCMP officer.
The youth will participate in various activities during their week at Depot, including interacting with police officers from various units of the RCMP and experiencing aspects of cadet training.
Youth and RCMP representatives will be available to speak to the media.
Date: Wednesday November 8, 2017
- Session 1: Drill class from 10:10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. CST
- Session 2: Forensic Identification Section from 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CST
Location: RCMP Academy, "Depot" Division in Regina, Saskatchewan. Media are asked to park at:
RCMP Heritage Centre
5907 Dewdney Avenue
Please proceed to the guard room in Fort Dufferin to get a visitor's pass (you will need to leave a piece of government-issued identification). Visitors must be accompanied at all times while at the RCMP Academy.
Twitter: @rcmpgrcpolice | @grcrcmppolice
Facebook: facebook.com/rcmpgrc | facebook.com/grcrcmp
2017 National Youth Engagement Week Participants
- Alberta: Tobin (Rocky Mountain House), Parker (Stony Plain), Nayla (Airdrie), Holly (Lac La Biche).
- British Columbia: Benjamin (Victoria), Kyla (Fraser Lake), Gabrielle (Merritt), Darshpreet (Surrey), Sophia (Langley), Amalia (Langle).
- Manitoba: Darius (Pelican Rapids), Hannah (Thompson), Abbegayle (Gimli)
- New Brunswick: Mary (Miramichi), Nicholas (Moncton).
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Jordan (St. George's), Alexandria (Northern Hem).
- Northwest Territories: Adam (Deline).
- Nova Scotia: Ryan (Digby), Jessy (Dartmouth).
- Nunavut: Sylvia (Arviat).
- Ontario: Alec (St. Isidore), Sylvia (Milton), Andrew (Ottawa), Ian (Ottawa).
- Prince Edward Island: Mason (Cornwall).
- Québec: Noémie (La Baie), Sarah (Notre-Dame-d'ile-Perrot), Ana Luisa (Montreal).
- Saskatchewan Matthew (Lebret), Devin (Foam Lake).
- Yukon: Regan (Whitehorse).
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mounted Police
For further information: For media enquiries, please contact: RCMP Media Relations, RCMP.HQMediaRelations-DGRelationsmedias.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca, (613) 843-5999
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is the Canadian national police service and an agency of the Ministry of Public Safety Canada. The RCMP is unique in the world since it is a national, federal, provincial and municipal policing body. We provide a total federal policing service to all Canadians and policing services under contract to the three territories, eight provinces (except Ontario and...