EDMONTON, June 20, 2016 /CNW/ - Members of the media are invited to attend Restaurants Canada's Alberta Minimum Wage Forum, June 21 at the Shaw Conference Centre, 9797 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton from 12:30 pm to 2 pm.
- Mark von Schellwitz, VP Western Canada, Restaurants Canada, on the state of the economy for Alberta restaurant owners.
- An industry panel speaking about the impact of a $15 minimum wage. Bruce Cameron of ROI Social Media will chair the panel.
- Keynote speaker Dr. Joseph Marchand, Associate Professor in the department of Economics at the University of Alberta. Dr. Marchand will be speaking about minimum wage in Alberta's boom and bust economy. His recently-released paper on the subject can be found here.
MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Dr. Marchand and Mark von Schellwitz will be available to take questions from the media at 2 pm.
Restaurants Canada's recommendations, outlined at www.NotTheTime.ca:
- Postpone minimum wage increases until the economy improves,
- Retain the liquor server wage (scheduled to be eliminated Oct. 20), and
- Introduce a youth wage.
SOURCE Restaurants Canada
For further information: Media Contacts: Mark von Schellwitz, Vice President, Western Canada, Restaurants Canada; 1-866-300-7675, or cell 604-809-5719, or email@example.com; Beth Pollock, Communications Specialist; 1-800-387-5649 ext. 4254, or firstname.lastname@example.org.