OTTAWA, May 3, 2019 /CNW/ - Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, will present a series of Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Awards during a ceremony at Rideau Hall, on Monday, May 6, 2019, at 6:30 p.m.
The following NSERC Awards will be presented during the ceremony:
- NSERC Gilles Brassard Doctoral Prize for Interdisciplinary Research
- E. W. R. Steacie Memorial Fellowships
- Synergy Awards for Innovation
- Brockhouse Canada Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in Science and Engineering
- NSERC John C. Polanyi Award
- Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering
The names of the award recipients will be announced on the morning of the ceremony. For more information on the announcement of the recipients, or on NSERC programs and awards, visit www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca.
Members of the media wishing to cover the ceremony are asked to confirm their attendance in advance with the Rideau Hall Press Office, and must arrive at the Princess Anne Entrance no later than 6:15 p.m. on the day of the ceremony.
Follow GGJuliePayette and RideauHall on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
SOURCE Governor General of Canada
For further information: Media information: Josephine Laframboise, Rideau Hall Press Office, 613-668-1929 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org; Valérie Levert-Gagnon, Natural Sciences and Engineering, Research Council of Canada, 613-996-2341, email@example.com