Making Other Plans – 2017 Edition
TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2017 /CNW/ -
Financial tips & facts from RBC Financial Planning
WHICH… financial goals are top of mind for Canadians?*
- Saving for retirement – 52%
- Saving for a rainy day – 49%
- Reducing or eliminating debt – 42%
WHO… can financial planning help?*
- 76% of Canadians who worry about saving now vs. saving for the future
- 69% of Canadians who have only thought "a little/not at all" about how to be financially prepared for unexpected life events
- 56% of Canadians who don't yet have a financial plan
- 51% of business owners who have not yet planned what they would do if they aren't able to run their business as long as they want to
- 46% of Canadians who worry if they'll have enough savings for retirement
- 29% of Canadians who haven't yet started saving for retirement
* All Canadians aged 18 and over – from RBC 2017 Financial Independence in Retirement Poll
WHAT… are the 3 top tips RBC Financial Planning has for Canadians to help them manage their finances?
- Have a formal financial plan you review regularly as your life changes, to help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Prioritize your debt payments by reducing your high interest debts as much and as quickly as you can.
- Pay yourself first – a simple but very effective approach to saving, particularly when you set up automatic savings.
WHO… can media talk to about financial planning advice for Canadians?
- Stuart Gray, Director, Financial Planning Centre of Expertise, RBC
WHERE…can media find more information?
- Please contact Kathy Bevan, RBC Corporate Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-974-8820
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank
For further information: Kathy Bevan, RBC Corporate Communications, email@example.com or 416-974-8820
ABOUT RBC Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market...