OTTAWA, Jan. 21, 2019 /CNW/ - 5G wireless networks have tremendous potential to impact all sectors of the Canadian economy. Members and expert guests of the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association's 5G Canada Council will discuss the current status of 5G and what it means for Canada as they host the "5G Canada 2019" conference.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Opening Address begins at 9:00 a.m. ET
National Arts Centre, Ottawa
Robert Ghiz (President & CEO, CWTA) will deliver opening address
A series of panels and presentations will offer different perspectives on 5G wireless network – what it will mean for Canada, specific use cases, and an understanding of the technology behind 5G.
- Tejas Rao, Managing Director & Global 5G Offering Lead, Accenture
- Bruce Rodin, VP Wireless Networks, Bell
- Arnold Abramowitz, VP Access Network Engineering, Rogers
- Brian O'Shaughnessy, SVP & CTO, Freedom Mobile
- JC Fahmy, President & CEO, CENGN
- Larry Murat, VP Networks Product Development Solutions, Ericsson
- Dean Brenner, SVP Spectrum Strategy & Tech Policy, Qualcomm
- Paul Cowling, SVP Legal & Regulatory Affairs, Shaw
- Song Nhi Nguyen, Infrastructure, City of Montreal
- Bryan Tramont, Managing Partner, WBK Law
- Michael Piaskoski, Director of Municipal and Industry Relations, Rogers
- Patrick Rhude, Head of Product Management Security, Nokia
- Charles Eagan, CTO, BlackBerry
- Anick Fortin-Cousens, Chief Privacy Officer & Data Responsibility Advocate, Canada, IBM
- Patricia Kosseim, Counsel, Privacy and Data Management, Osler
- Deborah Evans, CPO, Rogers
- Scott Smith, Senior Director, Intellectual Property & Innovation Policy, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
For more information on the conference schedule, panelists and moderators, please visit https://www.5gcc.ca/5g-canada-2019/.
CWTA is the authority on wireless issues, developments and trends in Canada. It represents companies that provide services and products across the wireless sector. Representing the industry before all levels of government and various regulatory agencies, CWTA actively promotes the industry with the goal of ensuring continued growth of the wireless sector in Canada. CWTA administers a number of initiatives on behalf of its members, including corporate social responsibility programs and the national common short codes program.
About the 5G Canada Council
The 5G Canada Council is administered by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA). This multi-stakeholder Council was founded to serve as a forum to encourage a supportive and dynamic 5G ecosystem in Canada, including the efficient rollout of related technologies. Through research and cross-sector collaboration, the 5G Canada Council will work to identify the common challenges, benefits, and priorities related to the introduction, development and impact of 5G technologies across numerous industries and varied stakeholders.
SOURCE Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
For further information: Media enquiries: For CWTA: Greg Burch, 204-250-9244, [email protected]