TORONTO, Oct. 30, 2014 /CNW/ - Join Young Professionals for SickKids (YPS) on Friday, November 14th 2014 at the Toronto Region Board of Trade starting at 7:30 a.m. for a fundraising networking event supporting the Allergy Program at the Hospital for Sick Children ("SickKids"). Tickets will be available online at www.breakfastofchamps.ca starting today at a price of $75 each.
MEDIA: Contact Natalie Korol at email@example.com
- Event pre- and post- coverage, photo opportunities and interview
What: Breakfast of Champions in support of SickKids is a fundraising networking event organized to provide young professionals with the opportunity to enjoy an intimate breakfast with some of Canada's most celebrated industry leaders, or "Champions". Each Champion will be seated at a table with up to 10 young professionals and will share their stories and provide candid career advice over an hour-long hot breakfast provided by Oliver & Bonacini. The event also features a silent auction with exceptional prizes, including a visit to the set of the television show Suits, and coffee with the leading man, Gabriel Macht (Harvey Specter).
When: Friday, November 14th, 2014. Doors open at 7:15 a.m; networking with Champions starts at 7:45 a.m.; the seated breakfast starts at 8:30 a.m.; and the keynote speech starts at 9:00 a.m.
Where: Toronto Region Board of Trade – First Canadian Place, 77 Adelaide St. West, Suite 350
Who: Our roster of Champions includes the following:
- Tim Leiweke - President and CEO of MLSE (Keynote Speaker)
- John Albright – Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Relay Ventures
- Alix Box - President and CEO of Second Cup Canada
- Stephen Brooks - Senior VP of Business Operations of the Toronto Blue Jays
- Matthew Corrin - Founder of Freshii
- Sarah Davis – Chief Administrative Officer of Loblaw
- Kiki Delaney - Founder of Delaney Capital
- Mark Derbyshire - President of Holt Renfrew
- Megan Evans – Chief Legal and Risk Officer of SickKids
- Sarah Fulford - Editor of Toronto Life
- Paul Godfrey - President and CEO of Postmedia Network Inc.
- Blake Hutcheson - CEO of Oxford Properties
- Lisa Laflamme - Chief Anchor & Senior Editor of CTV News
- Dale Lastman - Chair of Goodmans LLP and Director of MLSE
- Eric Lindros - Retired NHL Hockey Player
- Kina Lindros - Global Head, Online Trading, Western Union Business Solutions
- Lisa Lisson - President of FedEx Canada
- Christine Magee - President and Co-Founder of Sleep Country Canada
- Sabi Marwah - Retired Vice Chair and COO of Scotiabank
- Rosemary McCarney - CEO of Plan Canada
- Mark McEwan - Celebrity Chef
- Bruce McCuaig - President and CEO of Metrolinx
- Michael Medline - President of Canadian Tire
- Alexander Neef - General Director of the Canadian Opera Company
- Larry Rosen - Chairman and CEO of Harry Rosen Inc.
- John Ruffolo - CEO of OMERS Ventures
- Alfredo Tan - Group Director of Global Marketing Solutions of Facebook Canada
- Kathleen Taylor - Chair of RBC
- William Webb - Chief Investment Officer of Gluskin Sheff
For a complete list of Champions, click here.
If you are unable to attend but would still like to support the cause, please click here to donate.
For additional information about the event, silent auction and Champions, please
Image with caption: "Join Tim Leiweke alongside 30 other inspirational Champions at November 14th, 2014 Breakfast of Champions in support of SickKids (CNW Group/Breakfast of Champions in Support of SickKids)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141030_C4866_PHOTO_EN_7248.jpg
SOURCE: Breakfast of Champions in Support of SickKids
For further information: Natalie Korol, Media & Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, Web-Site: www.breakfastofchamps.ca; Twitter: @Brkfst4SickKids; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/breakfastofchampionsinsupportofsickkids; Instagram: @Brkfst4SickKids