NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ON, Oct. 21, 2014 /CNW/ - Over 200 leaders from across Ontario will come together in Niagara-on-the-Lake at the 2014 Ontario Economic Summit (OES) to discuss how business and government can reorient Ontario's economy from a period of slow recovery to a state of stronger growth.
Hon. Philippe Couillard, Premier of Quebec, and Hon. Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario, will be available to media at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, October 24, following an on-stage discussion at the Summit.
Featured speakers at the Summit include:
- Philippe Couillard | Premier of Quebec
- Kathleen Wynne | Premier of Ontario
- Martin Baily | Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Ed Clark | Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group
- Dianne Craig | President and CEO, Ford Motor Company Canada
- Bruce Heyman | United States Ambassador to Canada
- Bill Lockyer | California State Treasurer
- Kevin Lynch | Vice-Chair, BMO Financial Group, and 2014 OES Co-Chair
- David Peterson | Former Premier of Ontario, and Chair, TORONTO 2015 Pan American / Parapan American Games
- Bob Rae | Former Premier of Ontario, and Senior Partner, Olthuis Kleer Townshend
- Annette Verschuren | Chair & CEO, NRStor, and 2014 OES Co-Chair
- Craig Wright | Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, RBC Royal Bank
The majority of Ontario cabinet ministers will attend roundtable discussions with OES delegates on the morning of Friday, October 24.
Visit ontarioeconomicsummit.ca/2014-summit/agenda for the entire list of featured speakers.
The 2014 Ontario Economic Summit is taking place at White Oaks Resort and Spa, 253 Taylor Road, in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario.
About the Ontario Economic Summit
The Ontario Economic Summit (OES) supports economic growth in the province. Presented by the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, the OES convenes leaders from the private and public sectors in a collaborative forum to define the solutions to Ontario's greatest economic challenges.
Every year, Ontario's most influential leaders gather at OES in Niagara-on-the-Lake for an unparalleled opportunity to share insights, explore partnership opportunities, and shape public policy.
SOURCE: Ontario Chamber of Commerce
For further information: and for media accreditation, or to arrange an interview with a speaker, please contact: Neville McGuire, Manager of Communications, Tel: 416.482.5222, ext. 2410, E-mail: email@example.com