TORONTO, July 28, 2015 /CNW/ - On Thursday, Aug. 6 from 8 to 10 p.m. ET, Paul Wells, political editor of Maclean's, will moderate the first televised debate ahead of this year's federal election. Confirmed participants are Stephen Harper, leader of the Conservative Party of Canada; Thomas Mulcair, leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada; Justin Trudeau, leader of the Liberal Party of Canada; and Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party of Canada. The debate will take place at the City/OMNI Television studios at 33 Dundas St. E. in Toronto. Please see below for details on media accreditation, pool feed availability, and on-site press opportunities.
NOTE: Wireless is not permitted in the City/OMNI Television studio, and there is no RF or live transmission use allowed in the City/OMNI Television building
5:45 to 6:25 p.m. MEDIA CHECK-IN
- Option #1 - Stand in media pits outside City/OMNI Television building to cover leader arrivals
- Option #2 - Enter City/OMNI Television building and set up in media room. Will be able to watch debate on TV. Media room access closes at 6:30 p.m., with no in/out privileges until debate is finished
6:45 to 7:10 p.m. LEADER ARRIVALS
- Media are not permitted to enter the building during this time
7:15 to 7:40 p.m.
- Media in pits can enter building and set up in media room. No entry into the building after 7:40 p.m.
8 to 10 p.m. MACLEAN'S NATIONAL LEADERS DEBATE
9:45 to 10:15 p.m.
- Media (who were not on site for the debate) must get accreditation before entering City/OMNI Television building to cover scrum in the studio
10:15 to 10:40 p.m. MEDIA SCRUM IN STUDIO
For Media On-Site:
- Media are required to present proper identification before accreditation for entry into outdoor media pits and City/OMNI Television building.
- Debate will take place in a closed studio. Media are invited to watch a live video feed in English in a separate media room. French translation provided through an audio distribution box. The debate will also be livestreamed on CPAC.ca in French, and on OMNITV.ca in Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, and Punjabi. Media are asked to bring their own devices and headphones.
- Seating in the media room is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Light refreshments to be provided.
- Due to limited space, Maclean's, Canadian Press and Reuters pool photographers will be permitted into the studio with limited access to take photos during the debate. Maclean's photos will be shared on the wire and by Rogers Communications Team on request. There will be no video cameras allowed into the studio during the debate.
- Plug-ins will be available for audio recording of debate in English and in French in the media room.
- Plug-ins will be available for audio recording of scrum (English only).
- Scrum with candidates immediately following the debate. **Wireless is not permitted in the studio, and there is no RF or live transmission use allowed in the City/OMNI Television building**
- HD video feed of full debate and scrum (English) will be available only at Toronto TOC for a fee of $750 for news access only (3 minutes).
For further information: