- Whether you have been naughty or nice, WIND wants to make sure everyone can call their loved ones over the holidays
- WIND is also offering free gift wrapping and deals to make gifting easier
TORONTO, Dec. 3 /CNW/ - This holiday season WIND Mobile is making sure everyone can call their friends and loved ones - no matter where in the world they live - by unveiling mobile phone booths offering free long distance calling. Whether it's a student studying in Canada and unable to make it home for the holidays, a new Canadian spending their first year away from home or just someone wanting to call mom, WIND wants everybody to enjoy The Power of Conversation.
In a recent survey, WIND found the most popular way to send season's greetings is still a good old fashioned phone call (70 per cent) even when compared with texting (18 per cent), email (66 per cent) or regular mail (55 per cent). To ensure everyone can make their calls, colourful, mobile phone booths have been set up at stores in Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. People can enjoy up to five free minutes of talk time to any mobile or land line in the world.
Photo & Interview Opportunity
|| Anthony Lacavera, Chairman of WIND Mobile, and Chris Palmer, WIND's very first
customer, will make the first calls to launch the free calling opportunity
|| Friday December 3rd, 2010
10:30 am **Interviews available on site until noon
|| WIND Mobile Store
368 Queen Street West, Toronto (Just east of Spadina)
WIND will also make the holidays nicer for people this year with:
- Gift wrapping at select stores in each WIND market - customers will be asked to provide a donation which will support local food banks and toy drives. In Toronto, wrapping will be available at WIND's Yonge-Dundas location
- Amazing holiday deals including:
- $25 unlimited talk and text or web for a year.
- 2 for 1 BlackBerry smartphones - Purchase a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and receive a BlackBerry pearl 3G free.
- 50 per cent off all plans for six months.
This month also marks WIND's one-year anniversary and Anthony Lacavera will be available to discuss WIND's first year in review, the positive changes Canadians have experienced in wireless since WIND's launch, and what to expect from WIND in 2011.
About WIND Mobile and Globalive Holdings
WIND Mobile provides voice, text and data services to Canadians on a next-generation wireless network and is committed to offering a level of wireless service presently not available in Canada. WIND Mobile is built on actual conversations that are happening with Canadians who are passionate about wireless and creating a better mobile offering nationally. For more information, please visit: www.WINDmobile.ca.
Globalive Holdings is a leading provider of telecommunications solutions in Canada and internationally to the consumer, business and hospitality markets. The Globalive companies include: WIND Mobile, Yak, OneConnect, Canopco and Globalive Carrier Services. For more information, please visit: www.globalive.com.
For further information: For further information:
For more information on WIND Mobile, please contact:
Narrative Advocacy Media
E: email@example.com P: 416.922.2211 ext.3277