BARRIE, ON, June 23, 2017 /CNW/ - The RCMP is hiring! The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) offers an exceptional career, letting you make a real difference in your community and your country. No other police force in Canada provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP, as well as opportunities for continued learning and growth.
RCMP police officers wear their uniform with pride. They wear it because it stands for justice, honour and protecting those in need. The RCMP has been keeping communities safe since 1873. To do our job, we need police officers from all backgrounds who are physically fit, up for a challenge and ready to make a difference wherever they're posted.
Do you know how physically fit you must be to be a police officer? Attend this Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) workshop and find out! The PARE is a job-related physical ability test. It is designed to simulate a critical incident where a police officer chases, controls, and apprehends a suspect. Attendees will learn how to prepare for the PARE as well as have an opportunity to walk through the PARE course, try the push/pull machine, and carry the torso bag.
The workshop is on:
Tuesday, June 27 at 1 PM
Georgian College Athletic & Fitness Centre
1 Georgian Drive
Register for the PARE Workshop at [email protected]
The RCMP is looking for people from across the country to join Canada's national police service. If you or someone you know is thinking about becoming a police officer with the RCMP, visit rcmpcareers.ca.
- Be ready for action from the day you graduate: Once you've graduated from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy, you immediately start your career in policing.
- Over 150 career specializations: With a vast range of career specializations and opportunities for growth and training, the RCMP offers a career like no other.
- Paid cadet training: Cadets at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Training Academy receive paid training from their very first day.
- Travel and development opportunities: You will begin your career by working in Canada and may have the opportunity to work abroad in Foreign Missions, or in specializations ranging from Forensics to Cybercrime Intelligence.
"To do our job, we need highly motivated team players who possess strong leadership abilities from a wide range of backgrounds. A uniform with your name on it is waiting for you."
- Constable Stacey Anderson, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mounted Police
For further information: For media enquiries, please contact: Sgt. Michelle Welsh, NCO i/c O Division Recruiting, (905) 953-7273, (905) 868-4957