WHAT: Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) 2017 triennial global General Assembly
WHEN: October 8-13, 2017
WHERE: Westin Bayshore Hotel, 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver, B-C, V6G 2V4, Canada
VANCOUVER, Oct. 6, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Vancouver is the chosen venue for the triennial global Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) General Assembly, the organization's highest decision-making forum, taking place from October 8-13, 2017.
Over 800 delegates from over 80 countries representing the environmental, social and economic chambers of FSC are expected to attend this important event to discuss the direction of FSC's policies regarding global responsible forest management.
Canada's Boreal Forests will be one of the key topics discussed and this year's GA is honoured to hear from representatives of Canadian federal and provincial governments who will deliver speeches during the event. These are:
- Doug Donaldson, British Columbia Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resources Operations and Rural Development; Tuesday, Oct. 10, 8:30 p.m. (at the meeting's Gala Dinner, Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Place)
- Luc Blanchette, Quebec Minister of Forests, Wildlife and Parks; Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2:30-3:00 p.m.
- Jonathan Wilkinson, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change of the Government of Canada; Thursday, Oct. 12, 2:30-3:00 p.m.
- Glenn Mason, Assistant Deputy Minister, Canadian Forest Services of Natural Resources Canada; Friday, Oct. 13, 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Other notable speakers include:
- Peter Lantin, President of the Haida Nation; Monday, Oct. 9, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Michael Green, Vancouver-based architect who is leading the use of wood in construction; Tuesday, Oct.10, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Sarah Chandler, Director of Operations, Product Development and Environmental Initiatives at Apple Inc. Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
Information for media: Media accreditation is required. To confirm your interest in covering any of the events please send an email to Alexander Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your media affiliation, day and sessions interested in covering and contact details. More information about the General Assembly program is available here https://ga2017.fsc.org/programme-ga/
SOURCE Forest Stewardship Council
For further information: Don Sancton, Capital-Image for FSC Canada, Mobile: 514-206-1191, Email: email@example.com