TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2018 /CNW/ - Celebrating its 30th year this weekend, the Toronto Fall Home Show is featuring an on-site shipping container that has been transformed into a warm home using spray foam insulation. Visitors can tour the innovative home at the Contained Living booth.
Toronto Fall Home Show – Enercare Centre (Exhibition Place)
Contained Living Booth H455
100 Princes' Blvd., Toronto, ON
Friday, September 28 – Sunday, September 30th
10 a.m.-8 p.m. (closes at 6 p.m. on Sunday)
Background and Details:
- There are unique challenges in transforming cold, corrugated steel into a home. Spray foam insulation is a recommended insulator to add warmth to these homes.
- Contained Living collaborated with Great Northern Insulation, who applied BASF's WALLTITE® spray foam insulation to ensure low condensation and high R-value.
- Builders are often challenged to meet higher insulation code requirements. Because WALLTITE spray foam can be applied at various thicknesses, it allows builders to achieve high R-value to-code without adding thicker walls that can compromise living space in small homes.
- In 2014, esteemed European architect, Patrick Bradley, designed his own modern container home in rural Ireland using innovative materials that could deliver high energy efficiency. He chose WALLTITE to eliminate condensation and corrosion while delivering a high R-value. The project was awarded two Royal Institute of British Architects Awards for architectural excellence.
Kathy Ratchford, designer and owner of Contained Living Corp:
- "Container home living is a relatively new concept for Canadians, but one that has proven to be a successful option for alternative housing around the world."
- "Depending on the size, these homes can be built in 10-12 weeks, are sustainable, energy-efficient, and turnkey."
- "Today's design materials – like spray foam insulation – are revolutionizing the industry and making it possible to think about home design in a whole new way."
Quotes from BASF are available through Sharon Lishman, Marketing Manager, Performance Materials Construction, BASF Canada.
- Photos and video of the feature home.
- Interview opportunities with Contained Living, Great Northern Insulation and BASF about innovations in design materials that address current and future building challenges.
About BASF Construction Chemicals division
BASF's Construction Chemicals division offers advanced chemical solutions under the global umbrella brand Master Builders Solutions for the construction, maintenance, repair and renovation of structures. The brand is built on more than 100 years of experience in the construction industry. Our comprehensive portfolio encompasses concrete admixtures, cement additives, chemical solutions for underground construction, waterproofing systems, sealants, concrete repair & protection systems, performance grouts, performance flooring systems, tile-fixing systems, expansion joints & control systems and wood protection solutions. The Construction Chemicals division's approximately 6,500 employees form a global community of building experts. To solve our customers' specific construction challenges from conception through to completion of a project, we draw on our specialist know-how, regional expertise and the experience gained in countless construction projects worldwide. We leverage global BASF technologies and our in-depth knowledge of local building needs to develop innovations that help make our customers more successful and drive sustainable construction.The division operates production sites and sales offices in more than 60 countries and achieved sales of about €2.4 billion in 2017.
BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has nearly 17,500 employees in North America, and had sales of $16.2 billion in 2016. For more information about BASF's North American operations, visit www.basf.com. At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 114,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas. BASF generated sales of about €58 billion in 2016. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt (BAS), London (BFA) and Zurich (BAS). Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information: Media Relations contact, Sharon Lishman, Phone: 289-360-6087, [email protected]