TSAWWASSEN, BC, Dec. 13, 2013 /CNW/ -
- 10:30 a.m., Monday, December 16, 2013
- (2757 - 52nd Street (corner of 52 Street and 28 Avenue) - Tsawwassen, BC. (see attached aerial photo)
- To sign new long-term farm leases with local farmers.
- When TFN took ownership of ALR Lands in 2009 pursuant to the Treaty Settlement, it continued rolling over one-year leases with local farmers while developing a long-term vision for its agricultural lands..
- Under its new Agricultural Plan, adopted in April, 2013, a new agricultural vision for TFN land was defined. This plan supports TFN's vision to develop a sustainable community.
- The leases to be signed on Monday are for 25-year terms, and will provide farmers with the certainty to make significant improvements to the land. These improvements will enhance the land's productive capacity, and will provide significant benefit to both TFN and the farming community.
- These leases signify a renewed and strengthened partnership with the farming community.
- Chief Bryce Williams
- Peter Guichon
- Brent and Shelley Harris
- Danny Chong
- Media audio feeds provided by Mediaco.
- Parking on-site
Image with caption: "Location of TFN News Conference, 10:30 a.m., Monday, December 16, 2013. (CNW Group/Tsawwassen First Nation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131213_C4587_PHOTO_EN_34966.jpg
SOURCE: Tsawwassen First Nation
For further information:
Tanya Corbet: 604-928-0879