TORONTO, March 22, 2017 /CNW/ - A network of tax advisors from Grant Thornton LLP are available from coast-to-coast to provide insight on the federal budget's impact on Canadian businesses and the economy.
These tax advisors bring a depth of knowledge and can speak to highlights of the federal budget, including key questions and topics that are top of mind for Canadians, such as:
Impact of new U.S. tax policies on Canada
- The impact of the proposed U.S. tax plan on Canadians and Canadian businesses.
- How executives across the country can plan to address the changes.
Finding the right balance in marijuana taxes
- With the impending federal legalization of marijuana, the government must walk a fine line between generating revenue through taxation and developing a regulated pricing model that will act as a barrier to shadow market activity.
Possibility of Capital Gains reduction
- Why the federal government should maintain or lower the capital gains inclusion rate of 50% to lead to higher levels of entrepreneurship, economic growth, and job creation.
- How the federal government can drive the commercialization of R&D and new technology as well as rejuvenate the manufacturing sector to foster a more innovative environment, increase investment and create jobs through various tax incentives.
Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS)
- Canada's response to the global movement towards tightening corporate international taxation.
Grant Thornton spokespeople will be available for:
- Budget Day Commentary (March 22)
- Tax advisors from Grant Thornton will be available across Canada to provide analysis and insight on the newly released federal budget.
- They will be available before, during and after the budget is tabled.
- Post-Budget Day Commentary
- Tax advisors from Grant Thornton can provide further commentary and analysis on how the budget will impact Canadian businesses.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Together with the Quebec firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Grant Thornton in Canada has approximately 4,000 people in offices across Canada. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: GrantThornton.ca.
SOURCE Grant Thornton LLP
For further information: or to arrange an interview please contact: Danielle Scott, Consultant, Broad Reach Communications, T: 416-909-5185, E: firstname.lastname@example.org; Amy Mulhern, Manager, National Media Relations, Grant Thornton LLP, T: 416-360-4970, M 416-550-8466, E: email@example.com