TORONTO, CHICAGO, HANNOVER, Germany, Nov. 28, 2017 /CNW/ - Solar CanadaSolar Canada Conference & Exposition is Canada's largest and most important solar energy event, taking place December 4-5, 2017 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The event will attract an estimated 2,200 attendees and more than 80 exhibiting companies.
Canada has emerged as a leader in clean and sustainable economic growth powered by renewable energy. Experts and thought leaders will gather in Toronto to discuss the opportunities and challenges related to solar power, and the decarbonization & modernization of our energy systems.
Highlights of the event include:
- High profile speakers offering unique insights into Canada's changing energy policies lead the agenda on December 4th, including: The Honourable James Carr (Federal Minister of Natural Resources), The Honourable Glenn Thibeault (Ontario Minister of Energy), Terry Young (Independent Electricity System Operator), and Monica Curtis (Energy Efficiency Alberta).
- A powerful agenda featuring discussions on important policies and regulations that are shaping exciting new opportunities, such as the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change, renewable energy targets and programs in Alberta and Saskatchewan, Ontario's Long-Term Energy Plan and Nova Scotia's community renewable energy projects.
- New progressive sessions focused on the shift towards consumer-driven demand for energy from renewable sources, including a new "Residential, Commercial and Industrial" education stream.
- A thriving expo hall brings together the entire solar industry supply chain, designed to encourage business development. The expo hall also includes a selection of education sessions, a racking competition, EV Lounge, a solar race car, startup row and more.
- Networking events provide opportunities to connect with colleagues and industry stakeholders.
For more information, please visit: https://solarcanadaconference.ca
Canadian Solar Industries Association (CanSIA) is a national trade association that represents the solar energy industry throughout Canada. Since 1992, CanSIA has worked to develop a strong, efficient, ethical and professional Canadian solar energy industry with capacity to provide innovative solar energy solutions and to play a major role in the global transition to a sustainable, clean-energy future. Learn more at www.cansia.ca. Like CanSIA Facebook, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Hannover Fairs (Canada) Inc.
Hannover Fairs (Canada) Inc. is a subsidiary of Deutsche Messe, one of the world's largest and most active trade fair companies. Based in Hannover, Germany, Deutsche Messe employs a staff worldwide of approximately 1,200 and maintains a network of 62 sales partners, subsidiaries and branches that cover more than 100 countries. Deutsche Messe annually produces more than 100 trade fairs and conferences worldwide, including Energy at HANNOVER MESSE and Canada's premier solar energy event, Solar Canada Conference & Exhibition. Visit www.messe.de for more information.
SOURCE Canadian Solar Industries Association
For further information: For a full access media pass, please contact Erin Seegmiller, CanSIA Communications and Administrative Coordinator, at ESeegmiller@cansia.ca or call 613-736-9077 ext. 221