VANCOUVER, Nov. 7, 2013 /CNW/ - Operation Red Nose (ORN) BC and ICBC will kick off this year's campaign at a fun-filled provincial launch at 10:30 a.m. Friday, November 8th at Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby.
The launch will celebrate 18 years of providing safe rides home during the holiday season. Volunteers will once again be offering rides-by-donation in more than 20 BC communities starting November 29 through New Year's Eve. All donations go directly to non-profit organizations that support youth and/or amateur sport in local BC communities.
Global TV personality Steve Darling will emcee this interactive event that includes presentations from Chris Wilson, Operation Red Nose Chair and former Olympian, Rudy,-popular ORN mascot, City mayors and staff, police, ORN volunteers and representatives from KidSport.
|Who:|| - Steve Darling - Global TV anchor and event emcee
- Chris Wilson, Operation Red Nose Chair and former Canadian Olympian
- City mayors, staff and sponsors from new and existing ORN communities
- Kevin Brooks, will speak to his personal story regarding impaired driving
- Police, community policing volunteers, ORN volunteers
- Jill Blacklock, ICBC road safety manager
- Lower Mainland KidSport children and executives
|What:|| Learn about the 2013 Operation Red Nose Campaign in BC with Lower Mainland ORN volunteers and sponsors. Join ORN
speakers and guests in interactive sports activities to stress the importance of having a safe ride home and youth sports.
|When:||Friday, November 8th from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.|
|Where:||The Atrium Court in Metropolis at Metrotown (near the entrance for Silver City and McDonalds)|
* For information about other BC Operation Red Nose media launches and programs, please visit operationrednose.com for local contact information.
For further information:
Media Contact: Chris Wilson, Operation Red Nose, 604-341-0241