TORONTO, May 30, 2013 /CNW/ - Media are invited to join top retail executives at Canada's largest industry conference and explore the Evolution of Retail with fresh research, innovative ideas and an outstanding line-up of Canadian and international retail game-changers. Presented by Retail Council of Canada (RCC), this annual event attracts over 800 retail executives, suppliers and vendors to the Toronto Congress Centre.
What: STORE 2013 - Canada's Retail Conference
When: June 3-5, 2013
Where: Toronto Congress Centre, North Building, 650 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON
The biggest names in retail
- Domenic Pilla, President & CEO, Shoppers Drug Mart Corp.
- Jim Sinegal, Co-Founder & Director, Costco Wholesale Corp.
- Annie Young-Scrivner, President, Starbucks Coffee Canada
- Tony Fisher, President, Target Canada
- Karen McKibbin, President, Nordstrom Canada
- Vicente Trius, President, Loblaw Companies Ltd.
The latest trends and research into shopper buying habits
- Corrine Sandler, Fresh Intelligence explores Showrooming: The Good, the Bad and the Opportunity.
- David Donnan and Mike Moriarty, A.T. Kearney discuss how consumers are impacting the Canadian Food Sector.
- Noah Genner, BookNet Canada debates The Future of Bookselling with Canadian booksellers and publishers.
For a complete list of speakers and sessions, visit www.storeconference.ca
Grocery & Consumer Goods Leadership Symposium, in partnership with Food & Consumer Products of Canada (FCPC)
For the first-time at STORE, industry leaders in grocery and consumer packaged goods discuss and debate the trends, challenges and opportunities facing the industry, including health & wellbeing, obesity, local procurement, the connected consumer and more.
Celebrating the best in books, consumer products and retail innovation
- Monday June 3, 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM. Canadian Booksellers Association Libris Awards: Recognizing the exceptional achievements of Canadian publishers, editors, authors and booksellers. Lifetime Achievement Awards being presented to award-winning author and master storyteller Alice Munro and to Jack Rabinovitch, Founder of the Scotiabank Giller Prize.
- Tuesday June 4, 5:15 PM - 9:00 PM. Excellence in Retailing Awards: Celebrating the industry's most remarkable leaders including 2013 Distinguished Retailer of the Year Stephen Wetmore, President & CEO, Canadian Tire Corporation; Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Winners, Alasdair J. McKichan, John Williams, Senior Partner, J.C. Williams Group, John Torella, Senior Partner, J.C. Williams Group; and Ambassador Award Recipients Paul and Gleniss Thomey, That Pro Look.
- Wednesday June 5, 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM. 20th Annual Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards: Honouring the best consumer products of the year in 26 food, non-food and private label categories. Special presentation to John F.T. Scott, President and CEO, Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers (CFIG).
About Retail Council of Canada
Retail Council of Canada (www.retailcouncil.org) is the Voice of Retail. Founded in 1963, RCC is a not-for-profit association which represents more than 45,000 stores of all retail formats, including department, grocery, independent merchants, regional and national specialty chains, and online merchants.
SOURCE: Retail Council of Canada
For further information:
Retail Council of Canada